[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly, its not totally fair for me to judge yet because I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: jerusalem.jpg (33KB, 295x298px) Image search: [Google]
jerusalem.jpg
33KB, 295x298px
Honestly, its not totally fair for me to judge yet because I'm not done yet, but this book is actually amazing. I love how everything, even this doodle in the beginning, connects to the greater whole. Again I'm not done yet, but I could easily see this becoming my favorite book of all time.
>Only thing that comes close so far to 2666
>>
>>8875891
I hope they release a mass market paperback edition. The hardcover is about twice as large as it needs to be
>>
>>8875891
Congratulations. You have been immersed so far into the meme culture that you have become part of it. You have learned the language through osmosis, have assimilated the customary behavior and have learned and become first an honory citizen and then a real one. You have set foot in the river of memes, and have dissolved into its waters. You have climbed to the peak of the mountain of memes, where you can feel the cold, memey air on your cheeks, and where you can see the meme-flags of great memers whose steps you have just retraced. You are a meme amongst memers, a veritable meme-lord, a maestro of memes. You are a fucking meme.
>>
>>8875903
I think any book that becomes popular on this board becomes a meme though, this book became a meme before it was even out. The original meme trilogy was Ulysses, Gravity's Rainbow, and Infinite Jest. I hated all of those because they are pedantic and overall trite when they actually tried to make a point. 2666, despite being part of the new meme wave, was actually a beautiful text. It's okay to have opinions that agree with the whole sometimes, just like it's okay to disagree. I would be lying if I didn't say that Jerusalem had some of the most beautiful prose and wittiest writing that I have ever read.

>بكره في المشمش
>>
>>8875920
I was talking about you, bud
>>
File: average.jpg (9KB, 203x212px) Image search: [Google]
average.jpg
9KB, 203x212px
>>8875970
no shit sherlock
>>
File: heeeellll yeaaa.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
heeeellll yeaaa.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>8875903
copypasta
>>
Wait are we talking about Jerusalem or Witz here?
>>
>>8875891
I saw the castle and the penis, I thought you were talking about The Man in the High Castle.
>>
>>8875891
This isn't in the physical book at the start it only comes up when they explain the pots on the trilliard table. Great book tho
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.