[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have someone in my life who eerily reminds me of Socrates.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 220px-Socrates_Louvre.jpg (20KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Socrates_Louvre.jpg
20KB, 220x293px
I have someone in my life who eerily reminds me of Socrates. I've brought it up with him, too, in our discussions. I've said, look, motherfucker, sometimes when we talk I can picture you as Socrates, and me, as your Plato, who will, later when I've gained wisdom will write about these talks.

But in actuality I backtrack and say (because he has never read Plato or any literature outside of entry-level stuff maybe), "Hey, can I tell you something?"

"Hell yes, you can tell me something. God, I hope I can at least have that."

And then I'll go on to explain to him, and then he'll be amazed and say he's thought about me writing about him later. He said maybe I'll change his words, or put my own thought into it, and I said: that's what Plato did.

Without getting into the specifics of what we talk about (God and the idea of a god, twos, life, the metaphysical), I just want to know this: has anyone else had this person in their life? Should I write about this? Fuck.

Or maybe I should glance the first reply to this post, which reads: "jesus christ this isn't your blog, your diary desu," and then flip the script and turn the entire idea into something postmodern, involving anxiety, self-consciousness, and addiction, titling it something hopefully better than "Suckrates."
>>
>>8875227
>https:/blogpost.suckrat.es/OP_has_his_first_inklings_he_might_in_fact_suck_cock.html
>>
Homosex is OK anon. It's 2016.
>>
>>8875227
This is really beautiful. You should write about it. You've already expressed it very sensitively and wonderfully here.

Good luck, anon :)
>>
Your mom suckrates
>>
>>8875227
Don't make people into heroes.
>>
>>8875227
Good old Pluto
>>
File: to intelligent.png (50KB, 320x257px) Image search: [Google]
to intelligent.png
50KB, 320x257px
>>8875227
WOW, that's pretty deep anon. Upvoted :^)
>>
>>8875227
remember to use a condom.
>>
>>8875227
Op you're freaking me out with all the commas you're using. Calm down and make some complete sentences god dammit.
>>
File: socrates.jpg (87KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
socrates.jpg
87KB, 640x481px
>>8875227
>I have someone in my life who eerily reminds me of Socrates
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 540x297px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 540x297px
We get it, you're REALLY trying to get an honest, idiosyncratic style in your writing. Instead, it feels forced and stiff. If you couldn't imagine yourself saying the words, write something else.
>>
>>8875227
Oh I know exactly what you mean, I have a brother like that, constantly talking about scholasticism, God etc.
Waaay above the shitty meme philosophers most /lit/ peeps read.
But yeah It's that michaelangelo effect.
I'm really glad to hear somebody on this board talks about that kind of stuff with an actual desire to discover the truth.
>>
>>8875227
Sorta. He doesn't talk exactly like Socrates and believes in the opposite of things that Socrates would believe, but he's an older mentor of mine that I'm close with. He's super chill and loves to talk about just about anything
>>
>>8875897
That's gay as fuck you probably talk about foucault and both wear double-breasted pecoats that are too big for your skinny bodies.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.