[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PHILOSOPHY PHILOSOPHY PHILOSOPHY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: nervous.jpg (65KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
65KB, 500x490px
What is the name of that philosophy novel about a consciousness that was stuck inside of a man's head, forced to experience his life? It was recommended to me.
>>
Johnny Got His Gun?

Anyway that picture is creeping me out OP. I had ECT for a bit and I imagine it lighting up all my nerves
>>
>>8875193
Time's Arrow
>>
Was it that one about the guy who had all the tertiary reactions and opinions he'd write on stick notes and map in his room like a beautiful mind keeping his computer set on /lit/ in hostage carefully making sure to circumvent every book laying on the floor so the redundancy of its information didn't seep into his aura and eventually shot himself because he realized the way everyone was behaving was always just the way he was months to avoid having learned being a hipster was an irrevocable disease to him
>>
I hope it's by Homer. Homer means hostage in Greek.
>>
>>8875406
thank you!

>>8875390
Oh man sorry to hear that. I'm always on the verge of getting ECT and low-dose antipsychotics, but then I shape up slightly and decide not to stick to it.
>>
wait, I was actually told *not* to read time's arrow. I'm not sure if they were trying to impress me with their knowledge of disorienting, edgy books, or if it was a legitimate warning.
>>
>>8875193
All of our diaries desu
>>
anyone got recs for books that have similar premises, mess with the same content ie consciousness?
>>
>>8875193
Sounds a lot like Learning To Be Me by Greg Egan.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.