[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vatican Library

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Admission Criteria

The Library is open to:

researchers and scholars with appropriate qualifications and/or relevant scientific publications;
teachers and researchers at Universities and other institutes of Higher Education;
graduate students (laureati) who are pursuing research for a doctoral dissertation;
in exceptional cases, undergraduate students who can demonstrate that they need to consult material which is available only at the Vatican Library.
it is not open to High School students, nor, as a rule, to undergraduate University students.

Required Documents

All readers applying for their first reader’s pass must produce the following:

a valid identification document, which will be left at the Police Office at the Sant’Anna entrance to the Vatican City State;
a reference letter or a valid document proving appropriate academic qualifications;
for students, a Letter of Surety, printed on institutional letterhead and signed by their dissertation supervisor.

The Reader’s Ticket

The reader’s pass allows access to the Library.
The annual pass is valid from the day it is issued until the following annual closing of the Library. The short-term pass is valid for a fixed number of days, as determined by the Admissions Office.
The reader’s pass allows consultation of printed books only; specific authorization is needed for the consultation of manuscripts. The pass is strictly personal and non-transferable; it replaces the reader’s identification document while he or she is in the Library.
By accepting the reader’s pass and signing the form indicating their personal details in the Admissions Office, readers agree to observe the Library’s Rules and Regulations.
In case of loss or theft, readers are required to advise the Library’s Admissions Office as soon as possible, and to present a copy of the report filed with the competent authorities.

>tfw when you can't consider yourself patrician enough if you don't have access to the Vatican Library
>>
What would be in there other than the bible?
>>
>>8875820
The Necronomicon
>>
>>8875820
Procopius's secret history is the gem for me tbqh.
>>
>>8875820
Lots of cool missionary correspondences.

Also, alot of Church fathers have not had their work put into a critical edition yet.
>>
>>8874598
Yeah ikr I remember reading all about it in Angels and Demons lol xdd
>>
>>8875820
a gf
>>
>>8875820
Obscure medieval esoteric codices that would turn on the whole /x/ clique
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.