[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-fiction / Self-help books that are actually good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 6 pillars.jpg (53KB, 319x499px)
6 pillars.jpg
53KB, 319x499px
Kinda atypical for this board, but give me your best books for self-actualization that have ACTUALLY helped you make positive changes in your life and not just serve as mental masturbation of ideas.

Pic related.
>>
Feed the Muscle, Burn the Fat

lol
>>
Models by Mark Manson
>>
File: Socrates (1).jpg (65KB, 289x400px)
Socrates (1).jpg
65KB, 289x400px
All the self help you need here.
>>
>>8873501
So basically, you want me to go around town being a pompous dick questioning people's most deepest held beliefs with no satisfactory alternative given.

Thanks anon, gonna go tell some chillen that santa is a pedophile in an outfit.
>>
>>8873348
I actually just got this as a gift from a friend lol
>>
>>8874938
are u going to read it?
>>
>The one you actually follow.
>>
>>8873348
delet this thread
>>
>>8875214
Yes, probably a few pages before bed each night.
>>
>>8875269
why anon? do you lack self esteem?
>>
>>8875322
Yes. The reason my friend got it for me is because she said she were really worried about my behavior and didn't know how to approach me about it otherwise.
>>
>>8873348
Bumping for interest

Also I'm reading Walden at the moment and it's really helping.
>>
>>8875349
That's very nice of her. Best of luck on your journey ahead.
>>
>>8875377
Thanks man. Best of luck to you too with whatever you're faced with. It's a new year soon.
>>
>>8875349
Read No More Mr. Nice Guy. Before this self esteem book
>>
>>8873497
Agreed.
>>8875804
Seconded.
Also try the Book of Pook. It's a bit much at times but an insightful read overall.
>>
>>8873348
Any biography from someone successful. Extrapolate the common actions that made them successful over time and apply them yourself.

re: Total Recall
>>
>>8873348
The Charisma Myth

>>8873497
and this
>>
File: 1477532020705.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477532020705.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>8873348
>reading self-help
Don't do this
>>
>>8873510
>So basically, you want me to go around town being a pompous dick questioning people's most deepest held beliefs with no satisfactory alternative given.
What's wrong with this? Don't be such a baby.
>>
The Rational Male is really good if you're trying to improve your love life.

It's frustrating though, because if the book is right about women, you're better off alone.
>>
>>8873348
King Warrior Magician Lover
Prometheus Rising
The Wisdom of Insecurity
Mindfulness in Plain English
In Search for the Miraculous
>>
>>8876601
First time ive seen ouspensky mentioned here. Have you read the fourth way?
>>
File: hehfrog.png (92KB, 1585x1527px) Image search: [Google]
hehfrog.png
92KB, 1585x1527px
>>8873497
Models was good, The subtle art of not giving a fuck was also good. The thing with models is that Mark Manson is 6'1, blonde and blue eyed.

A lot of these books can be summarized in to at most a paragraph..

Check out the happiness trap pocketbook I guess, the power of now was also kinda good
>>
>>8876937

summarize models pls
>>
>>8876985
1st; get your life together and heading in some direction
2nd; beat needing validation from others out of your system
3rd; take care of how you look and smell
4th; Any other reason to talk to a girl besides "I want to know her" is the wrong reason.
5th; Talk to girls (that's a big one, not going to meet many in your house)

I don't know, could keep listing things out but really just read the fuckin book. it's pretty much don't be a fuckin creep and stop caring so much about if a girl likes you or not, if she does great, if not whatever.
>>
>>8877004
i found models to be pretty potent though.

there's sections on dating, moving things forward, how to dress etc.

As far as these books go, it had a lot of diverse content imo
>>
>>8875804

Is that book actually any good? One look on Amazon and I notice its instantly flaunting its controversial nature.
>>
>>8876601
>King Warrior Magician Lover
do you have any epub links to any of these?
>>
>>8876601
also prometheus rising and in search for the miraculous have references to the illuminati on amazon.
wat.jpg
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.