[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bible review?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: B art.jpg (20KB, 236x283px) Image search: [Google]
B art.jpg
20KB, 236x283px
Not sure if it necessarily applies here but has anyone reviewed the bible (King james version) like an actual book? Not like some bible study crap but an honest book review like one would review any other book.
>>
>>8871441
almost finished reading it twice, whats going on
>>
>>8871441
It's not really a book though. It's a collection of writings of different 'genres'
>>
>>8871441
>like one would review any other book
Except it's not like any other book. Christian or not you cannot deny the bible as the most influential work in the western world.
If you want to criticize its prose or something go ahead but you're missing the point if you are.
>>
File: latt_nt_sm.jpg (19KB, 240x359px) Image search: [Google]
latt_nt_sm.jpg
19KB, 240x359px
Pic related has good reviews
>>
>>8871489
No shit anon, just want to know if anyone reviewed it like that.
>>
>>8871501
mainly into old testament
>>
>>8871441
you couldn't review it as a singular work without painting with a uselessly broad brush. It's not a book, it's 66 books, and it's dozens of authors, and it's multiple genres. You could review the singular works comprehensively, but on a whole it's impossible to say anything critical or noteworthy without omitting something essential or being uselessly obtuse.
That and it's just flat out difficult to review historical accounts

Unless you're one of those redditor twats
>It's alright.......for fantasy.huehuehue
>bad character development, predictable plot, protagonist dies, deus ex machina...heh heh heh
>>
>>8871441
For bible as lit class in college i had to do a character analysis of someone from the book of genesis. Summary was that god is the main antaganist and villain based on actions. Prof gave me a f. Said i didnt understand the subject matter. Droped class that day.
>>
>>8871441
>it's another KJV thread
>>
>>8871922
>character analysis of someone from the book of genesis
>god is the main antaganist and villain

Was that someone God? If it wasn't , you probably deserved that F
>>
File: 41sEUBe1dsL[1].jpg (23KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
41sEUBe1dsL[1].jpg
23KB, 326x500px
>>8871441
Not a 'review', but critical analysis from a formal perspective. He has other great books on The Bible.
>>
Ask the scifi/fantasy thread for fantasy stuff, OP.
>>
>>8871441
Never read it but Harold Bloom has a book called the shadow of a great rock: a literary appreciation of the king James Bible
>>
>>8871945
Yes i chose god as the subject of the character analysis i thought that was clear
>>
>>8871922
>Only one enemy remained; two if you counted God: The Post
>>
Bible? I call it a LIEble.
>>
>>8872224
this made me laugh
>>
>>8871501
Anyone got a pdf/epub of that, please?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.