[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: 1482364421844997349056.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
1482364421844997349056.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
I've been reminicing on our past work and I've been thinking; when should we write a book again?
I think that in a couple or a few months, the time will be ripe for us to start a new book without the clutter of reddit.
>>
>>8870657
If you want to rally the troops and have us write some more bullshit than sure I'll contribute, but you're the one footing the bill.
>>
>>8870657
Dreamscape is still floating around. I'm happy to make topics again and monitor suggestions, or possibly allow unrestricted editing again for a while.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pt7yVtCLdPQ287uPO1An2tpKqXm9TP6ERuMeuV_qVak/edit
>>
File: FB_IMG_1470877018417.jpg (38KB, 750x748px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1470877018417.jpg
38KB, 750x748px
Fuck I have an idea
How about a story of Dostoyevsky living in ancap Russia which goes through a brief Society Union phase like a 12 year old having an emo phase, and then Dostoyevsky lives into the age of God emporer Putin and another age of anarcho capitalism
Or something like that
>>
>>8872943
Fuck I meant to say Soviet Union phase
>>
>>8872958
Sorry, we're going with Society Union phase. It's too late to go back.
>>
>>8871359
Anyone got a rough estimate on cost? I'll kick in some.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471133440717.jpg (106KB, 956x852px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471133440717.jpg
106KB, 956x852px
>>8872959
Damn could we at least have Recreational™ Nuclear™ Missiles™?™
>>
>>8872973
I don't see why not
>>
>>8872970
>>8871359
OP here
This is mostly just an idea but what would a good cost estimate be?
>>
>>8872982
Yes.
>>
>>8872982
https://blog.reedsy.com/cost-to-self-publish-a-book

Part of it too is how much we want to take on and do ourselves. But I'd pitch in a few hundred if this was serious.
>>
Can we make a separate group instance that will actually make a comprehensible book or work? We could all meet in a thread and contribute ideas, someone can run it all so nobody can ruin it, and they'll take ideas and we can sharpen it as we go
>>
>>8873020
There are also much cheaper ways too that could cost us much less.
>>
>>8870657
Did it get any reviews?
>>
What about just publishing with lulu?

Also Putin brings rise to his business Government™
>>
Let's write a post modern YA doorstopper.
>>
>>8873037
I'm against this idea
>>
File: FB_IMG_1470876690196.jpg (41KB, 720x713px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1470876690196.jpg
41KB, 720x713px
>>8873037
>YA doorstopp er
What
>>
>>8873037
I think it's a hilarious idea.
>>
>>8873037
This might be good.
>>
File: 1475524593531.png (118KB, 640x656px) Image search: [Google]
1475524593531.png
118KB, 640x656px
We could have a general theme of banter concerning political extremes such as ancap, ancom, communism, fascism, all with positive attitudes towards what's going on.
Say the setting is in the Soviet Union, and shit is going down, but through the glory and leadership of our communist government, we push forward against the capitalist pigs in the west.
The connotation of the smiling face with cool glasses surrounding irony but positivity towards the hellfire going on can be a kind of mood the book has.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480945865342.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480945865342.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>8873037
Postmodern ironic non-/pol/ light ancap-style political banter with our boy Dostoyevsky?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482423503555.jpg (14KB, 378x365px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482423503555.jpg
14KB, 378x365px
I think we could have gold on our hands
>>
Guys. Dont waste this opportunity. We can be Cervantes and kill the literary cancer of our century, YA. We need to make a book that mocks YA novels, themes, etc so damn hard and well written that we kill that genre on the spot. We must be the heroes of our heroes.
>>
>>8873236
POST MODERN YA DOORSTOP IT IS!!

should I watch the hunger games to prepare or like John green movies?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482423938141.jpg (17KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482423938141.jpg
17KB, 640x640px
>>8873236
We need to write the most exorbitant level of mania and shitposting that is an all out attack on the senses that releases the inner desires to control the world through YA writing about ancap style memes, Dostoyevsky, Russia, and Putin tradmarked
>>
Someone willing to start a Google Doc for us?
>>
>>8873263
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JvFccly-ZcyJHHuQAI4hUlTEEgmG-pjQ8VkmuncAB0w/edit?usp=drivesdk
I have something sorta started for anyone who wants to write
>>
okay so we are writing a postmodern YA doorstop. young dosto is one of the characters. he's 16 and in love with this one super cute betch. but there is another love interest this nerdy betch who loves dosto but he never takes her seriously because he writing isn't up to his standards. but she's actually the ghost of his female self from his futures past. it realized it truly was a girl after all. so is dosto actually a boy? read and find out.
>>
I'm working on setting it up so that people can suggest to protect work. Bear with me while I try to set this up. Keep writing if you want.
>>
>>8873383
she's from his futures past? those cancel each other out. so she's really just a female version of his present self? that he doesn't take seriously kek. that's pretty good desu.
>>
File: 1478619244392.png (16KB, 599x605px) Image search: [Google]
1478619244392.png
16KB, 599x605px
Alright boys and girls it's set up and ready to be written on!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JvFccly-ZcyJHHuQAI4hUlTEEgmG-pjQ8VkmuncAB0w/edit?usp=drivesdk

Any ideas and suggestions help. Keep writing and get this popular and we will have a book
>>
>>8870657
in the spirit of titles such as
>The Recognitions
>The Corrections
>The Instructions

I vote we title our next work
>The Implications
it would of course be a satire.
>>
it's shit
>>
>>8873445
terrible idea. it has to be a YA title retard.
>>
>>8873468
How about "Paper Towns" but in russian
Бyмaжныe гopoдa
>>
>>8873468
>implying those aren't bildungsromans
>implying a bildungsroman is by default written for young adults
>>
File: received_1043853982400495 (1).jpg (27KB, 620x827px) Image search: [Google]
received_1043853982400495 (1).jpg
27KB, 620x827px
I've slapped some spaghetti on the page so I guess you guys can take a look
>>
How about we include several historically inaccurate biographies about Dostoevsky
>>
>>8873530
why don't we just make a YA doorstopper about all our favorite classic authors except they are all teens/ early adults and somehow all exist in the same world at the same time together.
>>
>>8873538
we could call it "the young adults" or "the young authors" both spell YA!
>>
>>8873037
The world has suffered a devastating nuclear attack, and all but those who locked themselves in their basements to shitpost on the internet survive. The internet has been destroyed, and so all the neckbeards must venture out into the day to scavenge for food and water. But something is not right...
>>
>>8873598
absolutely terrible
>>
November 11, 1821 rolled by and our boy was born. It was pretty well the whole anarcho capitalism and commonly described by the people at the time as “Aнapхo кaпитaлизм в этoй cyкe“ which basically means “Anarcho capitalism up in this bitch”. Unfortunately, trademark™ had not been created at the time until 1822, so the use of ™ as used in many ancap memes is redundant until we get to the year 1822 or beyond in Dosty’s life. Since there isn’t much to tell about Dostoevsky's 51 days of being alive in 1821,we will assume that 1822 has rolled in and trademarks™ are being used now because fuck roads. Later on in his life he went on to do some things, and someone very close to him eventually died and it was hard on him. Some say that this inspired him to be the poor-ass motherfucker he was, while others say it was inspiration for him to write his books, and some say it was a little bit of both. Needless to say, he had a pretty shitty life, but like Steve Jobs once said;

“Taking LSD was a profound experience, one of the most important things in my life. LSD shows you that there’s another side to the coin, and you can’t remember it when it wears off, but you know it. It reinforced my sense of what was important—creating great things instead of making money, putting things back into the stream of history and of human consciousness as much as I could.”

― Steve Jobs
How inspirational. One day I want to take my iPhone, Macbook, a bunch of lube, and hop into my Miata to drive all the way to Steve Jobs's grave to dig up his corpse and become one with that magnificent man. We, all of us liberal and accepting Californian millennials will change the world when Clinton becomes our progressive leader. People say that I’ll never get my refund from donating to Bernie, but it’ll come as soon ad drumpf is voted as not-president.

Wadaya think?
>>
>>8873619
yoy lost me at the Russian translation
>>
>>8873627
tis satire of the young Californian millenial
>>
>>8873383
>>8873425
This right here, this is good shit
>>
Someone remind me what good shit came out of Hypersphere.
>>
>>8873642
all of it
>>
>>8873642
Does it matter? We put together something that was original to us and we had fun doing it. We had fun, and our laughs got published into a physical form.
Why not shitpublish some more instead of making masturbatory threads that are all the same thing?
>>
>>8873648
Oh no, you have me all wrong. I never read Hypersphere and I just want a highlight of what good material was in there.
>>
>>8873652
Well, what I like is the small satirical jokes here and there. No one specific thing was what made it so good to me.
>>
>>8873642
It kept the shitposters busy for a while.
>>
>>8873665
That's pretty much the majority of /lit/
>>
How prevalent should bears be in this? It's Russia after all.
>>
>>8873676
Seeing as though we need content because nobody is writing anything, add some shit about bears.
>>
>>8873670
Yes, it should be obvious to anybody who reads that most of /lit/ is shit. But, once in a while, anon delivers.
>>
>>8873682
Sorry, I'm writing in word. I'm trying to get something together before I paste it in.

I got a paragraph for Dosty at age 9 but not sure where to fit it in or where to go with it.
>>
>>8873682
>>8873699
Dostoyevsky was now 9 years old, 10 years ago at this point, and as one would imagine, the Society Union of the 1820’s was much like San Diego of today (2037 + 12). Except it was cold. And it was desolate. And it was ragged and poor, except for the sheer amount of Apple™ sucking yuppies. Our main man, Dosty, after warming his soul with a cup of coffee from Starbucks™, a flat white to be exact he liked that shit, swung up the modern stainless steel and glass door and with one precipitous step was back outside in the freezing temperatures of the modern mother land. Now, if you are asking why a 9 year old is drinking a flat white at Starbucks™, alone I might add, then I would not be surprised by your intrigue. The one thing I can tell you is that his poor wretched destitute soul borrowed the $2.10 from a creditor, to whom he would never pay back.
>>
>>8873541
This so much. It must be set up in contemporary time, but where? New York? France? Russia?
>>
>>8873710
I figured out the perfect YA name for the book. "the young authors club" it represents the young authors in the book and the yung authors who actually made the book. how gay is that. it's perfect. the YA club lmao
>>
>>8873716
lol, anything to get noticed if it helps take down the YA plague.
>>
I think we should go with YA postmodern doorstop including the young versions of our favorite authors. I'll start on the graduating class of 2016 with young dave and young Franzen hanging out shooting the breeze and then the crazy fartknocker james joyce shows up, God I hate that guy dave.
don't look at him. he didn't see us.
how didn't he see us? we're the only ones in the hall.
goddamnit Jonathan I dunno let's just hope he doesn't walk this way.
he's coming. fuck. your bandana looks really cool today.
shut up Franzen.
>>
>A new life makes his way through his mother’s cunt
>Footnote: gender assumption
fucking kek
>>
This is truly taking form
>>
>>8873763
Fuck that's good

OP here
Boys we are in to make something good
>>
>>8873763
Shit I meant to reply to this
>>8873751
That's good
>>
An unnamed US president who will obviously be Trump sent the world into catastrophic war

17 years later, our hero (who was born on the day the wars started) lives in a society in which novels are currency, and being a writer is the most highly regarded profession in the country.

Only white men are allowed to be writers, but writing in secret with the help of her aunt (she's orphaned) our young latina protagonist begins to harness her writing skills and begins to show exceptional promise.

The writers have always talked of a prophecy foretelling an author so perfect at his job, he ends the turmoil the world is in through his writing.

Our young protagonist realizes she is the writer the prophecy told of (she has a birthmark in the shape on a pen, just like in the prophecy) and has to overcome adversity to establish herself as the greatest writer in the country and save the world.

A three part series
>>
>>8873806
Furthermore, the world should be a mix of post-apocalypse wasteland and steampunk. The Young Author's Club could be potentially be the title of the book, as that can be the name the protagonist calls her meetings with her aunt
>>
>>8873806
>>8873819
oh my fucking god
>>
>>8873819
This will include the satire that makes fun of the californian liberal millenial
>>
/lit/ should start reading more before they start making books tbqh
>>
>>8873806
Can we please write this?
>>
>>8873806
Title: And Every Bomb Drops
>>
>>8873863
>read more and discuss more than infinite jest
Why?
>>
*static crackles on the PA*

*AHEM ALL STUDents and staff please proceed to the cafeteria for a mandatory assembly immediately*

hey, hey, hey dave, Dave, hey, dave you listening? hey dav-
HEYDAVE HEYDAVE HEYDAVE DAVEHEY YOU LISTENING? yes yes I'm fucking listening what is it?
oh nothing. what do you think all this is about?
I dunno Jon. I guess we will find out in a minute.
did you see Sylvia this morning?
nah why? you tryin to get Smart on her?
oh, oh-no dave no. just just wondering. she's been really down lately with all that online stuff going on.
I told her. I'll tell her again. cyber bullying isn't real. she should just turn her computer off or stop using social media.
yeah, yeah that's probably a good idea. it's pretty hard thing to do though.
HEY FAGGOTS! sit over here. I saved 2 front row seats for ya.
oh oh fuck it's james. you think he saw us?
shut up and go sit down Jon.
Hey big dave looking good. went with the black bandana today huh?that's probably the coolest color you own.
thanks james..... I think this things gonna start soon.

Students and faculty it is with great regret that I must inform you about the passing of one of our own. Sylvia Plath has taken her own life.

FUCK

Classes will be canceled toda--

WOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

QUIET! will be canceled today as well as first period tomorrow. first period tomorrow will be dedicated to an assembly about cyber bullying. if any students feel the need to talk or requires a councilor we will be here all day for you. Go home and think kids. think very hard.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.