[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Lit/erature for young'ns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: Ralphie.jpg (30KB, 758x426px) Image search: [Google]
Ralphie.jpg
30KB, 758x426px
Anything come to mind? My sister is ten years old and I want to get her a book that might open her world to reading. The series that did that for me around her age was the Redwall series, but I'm not sure if that's an appropriate series for a girl with a serious aversion to violence.
>>
>>8869894

Get her this. Make sure she grows up to be a proper /lit/erate.
>>
>>8869903

That's perfect, but it would be nearly impossible to get a copy shipped to me before Christmas, and I can't find a store near me that has a copy on-shelf. So that's her birthday gift next year.
>>
>>8869894
Why, Harry Potter, of course!
>>
File: IMG_5334.png (21KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5334.png
21KB, 200x200px
>>8870092
>>
Get her the Moomin books for Tove Jansson.
It's classic children's literature in Finland and Sweden, adults love them too.
Fablehaven series is another one I can recommend.
Harry Potter and Narnia books are a must-read too.
>>
This is one of the things I ended up getting her, did I do okay /lit?
>>
File: 51USK3xBKuL._SX200_.jpg (31KB, 200x309px) Image search: [Google]
51USK3xBKuL._SX200_.jpg
31KB, 200x309px
>>8869894
This is a humourous biography anthology of various English authors from Chaucer to Joyce. Should be perfect for her
>>
>>8871701
I love this book and Edward Gorey is the fucking man you are a good person get hugged op
>>
File: james.jpg (24KB, 222x346px) Image search: [Google]
james.jpg
24KB, 222x346px
This was my favourite as a child. The first novel that I remember becoming completely engulfed in.
>>
artemis fowl
>>
>>8869894

Get her the catcher in the rye
>>
>>8869894

lolita
>>
>>8872187

I'm glad I made the right choice on that one. Not to lay some sad shit down or anything but her dad (same mother, different fathers) died two years ago and I'm kind of the only positive male role-model in her life now so I feel kind of responsible for her getting that and being exposed to literature.
>>
File: to smark.png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
to smark.png
279KB, 898x790px
>>8872438
Anon, I..
>>
>>8872438
50 bucks says she'll have daddy issues and lose her virginity before she's 15
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.