[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picked up this trilogy the other day. Only 50 pages in and it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 0156.jpg (314KB, 700x1012px) Image search: [Google]
0156.jpg
314KB, 700x1012px
Picked up this trilogy the other day. Only 50 pages in and it seems pretty good so far.
What does /lit/ think of Gormenghast?
Is it better than Lord of the Rings?
Is it worth reading?
>>
Better than BotNS desu
>>
they need to make a Space Station 13 version of Gormenghast
>>
I'm up to the point where the duke is talking to his medicine man about his son.

The wording confused me.

Is he really fucking ugly or are his eyes just purple?
>>
>>8868613
The title is one of the best but I just can't see myself getting into it.
>>
File: Gormenghast Park.jpg (257KB, 1080x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Gormenghast Park.jpg
257KB, 1080x1599px
>>8868613
It's shit
>>
>>8868954
He is both really ugly and has purple eyes. That's how I read it.
>>
>>8868849
What is BotNS?
>>
>>8868613

So what are your opinions on my thoughts of it all being an allegory for Peake's mental state of mind? This would kind of explain why he never went past the books we were supposed too and the castle being in the condition it is in reflects Peake's crippling battle with dementia.
>>
>>8869087
>This would kind of explain why he never went past the books we were supposed too

What do you mean by this?

It would make sense if it were an allegory for dementia.
>>
>>8868613
I've only completed the first book; the ending was worth the build up, and the characterization pays off.

It's pure Gothic.
>>
File: s&w.jpg (137KB, 1100x1650px) Image search: [Google]
s&w.jpg
137KB, 1100x1650px
>>8869084
Gene Wolf's radical catholic romp
>>
>>8868613
Bought the triology for my older sister this Christmas, she mostly reads fantasy so this will hopefully appeal to her.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.