[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which books should I read by plato and aristotle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: viper.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
which books should I read by plato and aristotle?
>>
>>8866197
complete works
>>
>>8866213
not complete works please i wanna be able to carry it in my bag
>>
>>8866214
then fucking buy all the books individually?

if the point is to carry it around and show off just buy the republic and break the spine a bunch
>>
>>8866197
complete works of plato
nothing from Herestotle
>>
>>8866213
not helpful.

>>8866197
it's difficult to know where to start, and there is so much. i'd recommend starting with "meno", which has an interlocuter with a conventional understanding of virtue.

then maybe gorgias and republic.
>>
>>8866345
>it's difficult to know where to start

how about at the beginning of "the complete works of" you dip
>>
>>8866197
Nice taste in music.
>>
>>8866213
Don't do this. Just read Wikipedia summaries.
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>8866197
I just started "Cratylus" by Plato because it was free for the Kindle with prime. Pretty good.

Ignore the people who say complete works. Yes, I want to buy and read the complete works, too. But, I'm on the go a lot and have to carry it with other books and a computer so it's not even remotely practical to lug around the complete works with me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.