[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in a sudden rush of melancholie, cropped up frustrations i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1479091184213.jpg (712KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479091184213.jpg
712KB, 1920x1200px
So in a sudden rush of melancholie, cropped up frustrations i decided to start writing my first story. It took me 10 minutes to write the first two sentences, and now after revising them im down to 0 sentences. Is writing something this fucking hard for all you guys? Or am i just being a larger pussy then usually (presumably so). Also post some comfy pics please.
>>
>>8866066
melancholia* sorry about that, also nice dubs almost quints
>>
File: WP_20161204_003.jpg (791KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161204_003.jpg
791KB, 2592x1456px
>>8866066
Beginnings are hard, OP. The hard part only posts until you finally realise you'll never amount to anything. Then you give up and it's all smooth from there.

Pic related: it's a depiction of my life
>>
>>8866088
The funny thing is, that was EXACTLY what i was trying to write about.
>>
>>8866103

You were trying to write his diary desu?
>>
Don't edit as you go, otherwise you get nothing done. Write the story, get into the flow, finish the draft, then begin the editing process. There's plenty of time to improve the work later, and with a better perspective regarding the complete project.
>>
>>8866111
That is a good tip, thanks friendo. Do you guys have a plan beforehand? Or do you just go with the flow, make up shit along the way.
>>
>>8866110
both our diaries desu
>>
>>8866128

I write down a skeletal bullet point structure in Word. It helps me to organise my thoughts but there's enough flexibility for improvisation and, sometimes, complete restructuring if I happen upon a really good idea by accident that I want to run with.
>>
>>8866066
ok OP, stop being a faggot and just write. don't think, just write. don't edit, don't think about what's going to happen.

grow some balls, grab a stiff drink, and write like there isn't anything more important in life.

then kill yourself because you'll never be as good as your idols.
>>
>>8866142
Skeletal bullet point? Do you want to explain that please? By the way i think that is a better way to go because just going with it will end up in literal unorganized pseud bullshit, and will be unreadable. Atleast that will be the cause if i go about it that way.
>>
>>8866066
You usually need to write pure shit first before being able to write 90% pure shit.
>>
>>8866176

>start of story, character is doing x
>maybe hint about past event that led up to this moment
>character meets y
>tense conversation ensues about z

Just that kind of shit really. Plenty room for flexibility.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.