[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Red Rising multi-culti communist propaganda?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Is Red Rising multi-culti communist propaganda?
>>
>>8865762
multiculturalism is a capitalist phenomenon, retard
>>
>>8865769
multiculturalism is an altruistic symptom of a prosperous nation not capitalism in itself
>>
File: zizwow.jpg (458KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
zizwow.jpg
458KB, 1280x800px
>>8865833
>It's all cultural and the superstructure is operating independently of everything else
Sounds mad ideological to me senpai
>>
>>8865876
so multiculturalism would still be synonymous with capitalism even in an ethnically homogeneous / capitalist society in this context? Or are you saying homogeneous societies and capitalism are antithetical? False
>>
>>8866069
>global capitalism
>ethnically homogenous nations

Nice meme

'Muh Japan!'
>>
>>8865762
It was traditionalist/absolutist eugenics propaganda. The Golds were clearly superior to all but the most intelligent of the lower colors, who were stated to have gotten that way through intense selective pressure. Darrow at no point expresses sympathy for democracy, and his liberation of the lower colors was always pragmatic (taking over the battleship, recruiting a snu-snu army) or self-interested (protecting his family). He frequently comments on how good it feels to be a Gold, and Golden Son, the best book in the trilogy, is almost completely focused on his failures and triumphs as one.
>>
>>8866125
I feel better now thanks
>>
File: Screenshot_20161127-184510.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161127-184510.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>8865762
I kind of thought it was a book for kids.
>>
>>8868203
>I only read mature books about english professors contemplating adultery for mature readers such as myself
>>
>>8866125

While reading the first two books I had a hard time not thinking the golds were right. The author made it clear: by every objective measure they were better than the other colors. Their only failings were their cruelty for which they felt no remorse and their arrogance. But their cruelty wasn't particularly special in light of the events of the 20th century, just scaled up perhaps. And their arrogance was more than justified by centuries of staying on top. So if the golds are all that makes humanity terrible (which isn't unique to them) but then they're also stronger, smarter, faster, and more beautiful, then why wouldn't one think they should be in charge?

The underlying idea of multiculturalism is that people are fundamentally the same. There's individual differences but they're at the margins and any one group in aggregate is basically the same as another group. Red Rising presents a situation in which that is explicitly not true. So saying it's multicultural propaganda isn't quite right. I think it's more an attempt to appeal to the idea that conscious beings with intelligence and emotion deserve life and liberty despite being objectively inferior. That's a far stronger statement than what your typical multicultural liberal is willing to make I think.
>>
>>8868523
That's one of the main strengths of the books aside from the pacing in the action sequences (overall pacing for the third was poor, sadly dragging down the quality of the trilogy as a whole). The author walks into a place he knows we'll have preconceived judgments, makes a hero perfectly placed to enforce our will on the Golds, and then he doesn't.

>Their only failings were their cruelty for which they felt no remorse and their arrogance.
Exactly how I felt. I think Darrow even states it at one point. The Golds need punished not because they're ruling humanity but because they're not doing their best at it. My favorite part of Morning Star was Quicksilver's rant that they could be colonizing other stars by now if the Golds weren't wasting all their resources LARPing as Romans.
>>
File: giphy.gif (839KB, 476x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
839KB, 476x360px
>>8868248
Is that what you think all adult books are about?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.