[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you pay more for a nicer cover? And if so what's your limit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1481692548009s.jpg (6KB, 204x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481692548009s.jpg
6KB, 204x250px
Do you pay more for a nicer cover? And if so what's your limit?
>>
What a cute little bong
>>
Is that Rosamond Pike? She's so fucking hot. Why did I ever watch Gone Girl? Btw great thread. No I wouldn't pay more for a nice cover, that's dumb. great thread.
>>
>>8862584
Probably not, unless it's something I really love.
>>
Anyone who would pay more for a better cover is an idiot, and therefore the better cover is made the worse cover by virtue of its representing the edition for idiots. In other words, the cover's beauty is overwritten by the fact that you know only an idiot would buy that edition, and therefore it is actually a repulsive symbol, the worse cover.
>>
Only time I pay more is so I don't have to get one of those media tie in versions. Movie posters, shows, etc
Im not big on the covers but holy shit those ones are almost always terrible and irk my soul
>>
>>8862584
I do if I love the cover. within reason.
I have a thing for mass market paperbacks with minimalistic covers, nyrb's, and hardcovers with cloth binding under a dust jacket I can trash.
If I absolutely love the cover I'll shell out a bit more for that edition because I think it's more aesthetically appealing. I acknowledge the tactile component to reading physical books, i don't like the pretentious, elitist stance a lot of people take here against materialism. The cover is part of the involvement with the work.
Translation takes precedence though, where applicable.
>>
>>8862976

are you really contending that the beauty of the cover preexists the buyer?
>>
I read in my iphone 5
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.