[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Franz Kafka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

How do YOU intepret Kafka?
Why do you like/dislike him?
What was your initial reaction when reading his prose?
>>
>>8861849
I like
>>
___?
>>
Not that I'm an authority, but he seems to be the most overinterpreted writer since Shakespeare. That's not to say overrated. I think he wrote great stories that have a unique tone and brilliantly create a feeling of nightmarish tension and doom. But they don't seem to me to be about all the things critics say they're about.
>>
>>8861877
That's why I posted this. His prose is extremely unique and I think it should not be interpreted. A lot of academic circles seem to agree.

Also, are people on /lit/ mostly autistic memers (like those on /mu/) or are these people supposed to be students of literature, philosophy and so on? Because a lot of what is posted seems to differ from many academic beliefs and interpretations from where I live.

Also, threads about philosophy and modern art are full of mean people who cannot keep a discussion and have never heard of reason or tolerance. I'm not saying they're not well read, just that their personalities and responses seem to greatly deviate from their "education".
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>
>>8861899

Yeah, welcome to anonymous image board culture. It's best seen as a refractory meme generator. If you're here for actual discussion, of topics you're actually interested in, you're going to be disappointed.
>>
>>8861877
i agree somewhat in that i think "The Metamorphosis" waaaayyyyyy overrated and over studied. it's an interesting story, and has kept its relevance through the universities.

The Castle is where Kafka shows his real genius. everything else is pled-level shit.
>>
>>8861909
It's really odd. I come here because I'm lonely and I know know one with whom I could talk about such topics. Then I come here and I'm always disappointed and angry after 5 minutes but I keep returning in search of knowledge.
>>
>>8861920
Know the struggle, famalam. Stay lit.
>>
>>8862114
Haha, thanks I guess. Can someone translate famalam and lit?
>>
>>8862167
It means I love you, come over to my house and let's hang with the orangutangs.
>>
>>8862175
Despite the sarcasm, that is the nicest thing on the internet that's been directed at me.
>>
>>8861877
In another thread about Kafka an anon talked about how his work is a statement against hermeneutics, it resists interpretation while still asking us to peer into the mist. You should check out Kafka: Toward a Minor Literature if you want so cool interpretation on Kafka by the meme masters Deleuze and Guattari. One of their basis premises is that we need to come up with new categories to deal with this work.
My interpretation is that Kafka's stories are always unfolding, like the lotus flower, we may be able to point at this and that but we can never really pin down the rumbling and shaking in our bones.
>>
>>8861899
>>8861912
Plebs.

Kafka is the training ground of interpretation. You should return to his short stories every couple years to make sure you don't get rusty.

And when you talk about interpreting him don't say shit about his novels. Just go read one of his short stories besides Metamorphosis and get your gears turning. It'll make up for not having the balls to go to college.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.