[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the ending come out of nowhere?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: transferir.jpg (10KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
transferir.jpg
10KB, 183x275px
Why did the ending come out of nowhere?
>>
>>8861645
This book is too short. Simple as that.
The main character needed more development to change into hating the society he once embraced. He isn't like Winston where he is inherntely against his world, he likes his world, he doesn't mind anything except his wife's "family" and then all of the sudden he is reading books, hiding them, throwing his life over the fucking window.
Then the bomb hits, like you said, out of nowhere. I believe this is crucial to the story tho. Trough the whole book we see how people are so bombarded by useless information, like we are, thrill seeking adh filled rats, that they don't know the real world or whats going on neither do they care. That's why the bomb comes out of nowhere, becuase in a 1984ish scenario where they are stuck in a war they can't win suddendly they lost and not evne the government is going to give up the illusion of ignorant happines that they had achieved. I think this encapsulates the whole meaning of the book, ignorance and happiness in a natural dumb human form. Not imposed. Just prefered. That's why they burn books, rewrite history and close themselves to their inner echo chambers.
>>
>>8861958

i dunno, i recently saw the film adaptation on tv, and there, the ending is the same except theres no explosion, and it works out pretty well actually.
>>
>>8861975
Haven't seen the movie but I insist, it was too short. It needed to develop more the MC.
>>
>>8861985

i agree on that.
>>
umm pretty sure the last page was coming when I was on the second to last page.

LOL
>>
It's because it shows how blind the people are. They all care about things that don't matter but don't care about the looming war through the book. You see this when the MIcs with his wife talking to the family and they are talking about how it's always someone else's husband that dies. It shows how disconnected they are from the world. They don't think the war is a big deal even though they are in a nuclear era. The bomb then continues to fall directly on the city. It shows how fast and suddenly something terrible can happen to you. It's telling you to not be so blind to the world around in and be informed because something can happen to you any moment.
>>
>>8862211
But it also had to be finished fast because he was renting a type writer
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.