[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of Haruki Murakami's books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: murakami.jpg (15KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
murakami.jpg
15KB, 260x400px
What does /lit/ think of Haruki Murakami's books?
>>
/lit/ seems to hate him, for reasons I've never quite been able to gather.

I've only read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and I liked it a lot.
>>
>>8861122
/lit/ hates authors that the guardian and Reddit wank to.
>>
Overrated. And fuck anything to do with The Beatles

And before you call me an edgy contrarian, note that I love both Harry Potter and most anime
>>
>>8861135
that's makes you an aspie.
>>
>>8861108
Is that the one in wich the protagonist sees her fuckbuddy cucking him and it ends right there?
In that case the ending is shit.
>>
File: 1478671230605.gif (1MB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
1478671230605.gif
1MB, 217x217px
>>8861108
We like them but then they became to mainstream and we just can't accept being roped in the "plebs".

Totally objective list.
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle <- Best one, start here ( especially if you're an adult )
Norwegian Wood <- Good but more love
A Wild Sheep Chase <- A bit like the Wind-Up Bird but just worse.
Kafka on the Shore <- One story was good the other no but people usually like it.
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World <- One seems like something out of a Cyberpunk story and the other one I don't know.

They are lighter books, easy, interesting, spellbinding and a bit "edgy" ( if you have normal standards ) which are part of the reasons why they get have gotten mainstream attention. They usually have a lot of everyday story mixed in but written in an easy and in an interesting way. Mixed with a bunch of surreal elements which are never explained.

All in all, get the "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" and create your own opinion.
>>
>>8861135
One of the cringiest posts I've ever read.
>>
>>8861108
I like his books specially the "All God's Children Can Dance" short stories colection and "what i talk about when i talk about running". I found Hard-Boiled wonderland a bit boring thou
>>
>>8861108

We have this thread already. Please, check the catalog next time.

>>8857708
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.