[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King in Yellow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: king_in_yellow_2.jpg (31KB, 260x409px) Image search: [Google]
king_in_yellow_2.jpg
31KB, 260x409px
Is there something I didn't caught in this book?
First few novelas were interesting but after that it was literary the same character in the same romantic bullshit.
> Be me
> American painter in Paris
> Love a woman
> There's something weird about her
> The end
>>
>not loving the waifu bait
>>
>>8860838
Speak English, friend.
>>
It's a pretty difficult read so I wouldn't be surprised if you missed quite a lot of the plot and just ended up remembering shallow details...
>>
>>8860832
>>8861392
Actually, no. You're 100% right anon. Chambers didn't normally do eldritch work so The King In Yellow is extremely schizophrenic.

Half the book are the stories you've heard so much about, the other half are shit.
>>
>>8860832
i read the first story when visiting my in-laws over christmas. at the beginning, he talks about how the negros have all been sent to this place that just so happens to be the name of the town i was in (a small but very /lit/ town).

it triggered my schizophrenia, made me really anxious and i noped the fuck out of the book.

really good writing desu senpai
>>
>>8861392
Could you at least try to point some deeper meanings of this book?
>>
>>8861392
>>8861700
And I mean the romantic artist in Paris part, not the actually-good first part.
>>
>The King in Yellow is difficult
>in another thread, they say Heart of Darkness is difficult

lmao
>>
I actually liked those love stories as well, but yeah, the earlier stories are better.
>>
>>8861696
What's the town if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>8861928
sewanee, TN. i know it's nearly named with the suwanee river in florida, but there's no rationalizing with paranoia.
>>
The stories get progressively worse as the book goes on.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.