[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on this dandy guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Opinions on this dandy guy?
>>
Is it true that this one was also a homosexual?
>>
>>8860466
As far as I know, no. Maybe bi?
>>
>>8860488
Anyway, I like his poetry, even if repetitive at some times.
He encapsulated the ennui of Paris living (and any city living) perfectly, but the mystique, melancholy also. (poem VII)
I like l'art pour l'art -- most of his sonnets are perfect, but his longer poems (like those that were banned in the first few editions of Les Fleur de Mal) didn't pull me in, like, for example the cat poems, XXXIV, LI, LXVI.

His Connections (IV) lays the basic idea of symbolism, and synthesis (the unity of the senses).
And his influence on later poems, is undeniable.
>>
>>8860542
To add, which I forgot, Semper Eadam is probably my favorite poem. It has the woman of low morals (aka a whore), a drunk Frenchman (Baudelaire, most likely), the Muse effect (where 3/4 of the sonnet are to the woman, and only a verse or two is the point) -- the point that dead is bidden more than life to us, and the obvious reality that we all deceive ourselves into something far greater.

And it's a dodecasyllabic French sonnet -- perfect!
>>
>>8860542
>synthesis
Don't you mean synesthesia?
My favorite poem is À une passante because tfw no gf but also because it paints the rush of walking around downtown. The spirit of living in any city as you already stated.
>>
>>8860590
Yes, synesthesia; lapsus linguae
>>
>>8860439
He liked Poe, he's an obvious pleb.
>>
File: 1369033168552.jpg (52KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
1369033168552.jpg
52KB, 526x300px
>>8860620
Since when /lit/ hates Poe?
>>
>>8860642
They don't. I do.
>>
>>8860671
Why?
2spooky4u?
>>
C'mon /lit/, discuss this faggot
>>
>>8860671
>poe
>the guy who didn't invent the modern detective (sherlock holmes, poirot, columbo, etc.)
pick one and only one, you faggot
>>
>>8860677
>2spooky4u
kekked pretty good here m8.

butt seriously, just too cuckish for me desu senpai
>>
>>8861724
What would that mean, exactly? Was Poe a cuck?
>>
>>8861667
He was edgy but a good kind of edgy.
He's basically THE modern poet.
But I bet /lit/ hasn't read him at all.
>>
>>8860466
I think you may be thinking of rimbaud
>>
>>8860439
love him

only read paris spleen and thought it was great
I was actually trying to find les fleurs du mal at the library earlier this evening
what are the odds
>>
>>8863507
Nah, I know Rimbaud and Verlaine were going at it, but I remember reading somewhere that Baudelaire also was a part-time homosexual to shock society.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.