[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy Don Quixote ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: quixote2[1].jpg (14KB, 495x250px) Image search: [Google]
quixote2[1].jpg
14KB, 495x250px
So I'm about to order some expensive edition of Cervante's Don Quixote ?
Is this book any good ?
>>
>>8854223
Of course it is good, coome on yu are in /lit/ wtf, why are you asking if you should buy El Quijote, of cocourse you fucking must
>>
>>8854223
If its translated then why even bother.
If it's in spanish, get the RAE edition.
>>
>>8854243
ok so im just gonna learn spanish over night
>>
>>8854249
even if you did being a non native spanish speaker would make it difficult for you to understand old castilian. But I can't express how fucking good this book is. It is THE BOOK.
Imagine a book that makes fun of YA and Adult Erotic so damn well that these genres cease to exist. Well Don Quijote did this to chivalry novels. God bless papa Cervantes.
>>
>>8854243
Spanish speaker here. What is better about Rae edition?
>>
>>8854265
RAE is basically filled with the guardians of the spanish langauge and there are a bunch of Cervantes and Quijote experts in there so their edition must be the best. I've only seen pics and such showing the difference between RAE and non RAE edition and the RAE is by far more respectful and informed. The non RAE mostly just print the best conserved edition and leave it at that.
>>
>>8854261
>Imagine a book that makes fun of YA and Adult Erotic so damn well that these genres cease to exist. Well Don Quijote did this to chivalry novels. God bless papa Cervantes.
El Quijote is kind of nostalgic about old values.The whole point of the noble was that despite Don Quijote being nuts the world would be a better place if everyone was like him
>>
>>8854275
Em. I have just checked about Rae Edition and it seems that the cut away some parts of the original text in order to make it easier to read. I don't want to miss anything important so i am in thought call.
Ib4, i'm sorry for the bad english.
>>
>>8854388
usa la version de Castalia. se mantiene la division entre las dos partes, pero son baratos normalmente de todos modos
>>
>>8854362
No. The point was that Don Quijote wanted to be a knight like the one in the sories of his time but by reading them he ended up becoming an autistic fedorawearing unterhero that embarrased everyone but himself. That's because in chivalry stories characters wouldnt eat nor sleep nor do anything human.
>>
>>8854388
There are a bunch of editions. Which one are you looking at?
>>
you dont need expensive edition of any book, especially if you havent even read it yet, you autistic pseud
>>
>>8854223
do it, faggot
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.