[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Envoys also visited Odysseus in Ithaca, but he was unwilling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Odysseus.jpg (52KB, 460x288px)
Odysseus.jpg
52KB, 460x288px
>Envoys also visited Odysseus in Ithaca, but he was unwilling to go, and pretended to be mad.

Why did Odysseus pretend to be crazy just to get out of the war? All the other people who were called were very willing to join Agamemnon in the quest for glory. And not to mention, Odysseus was the guy who invented the oath which bound him to helping Menelaus.
>>
He was actually driven mad, historians of the time simply did not want to admit their hero had fallen so far. Some theories even suggest he was dead at the time.
>>
>>8851816
He just had a kid.
>>
>>8851816
Odysseus knew that glory in war is not worth it when compared to a quiet, long life with his wife and children. Remember when he visited Achilles in the Underworld.

Even in modern times there were and are people who faked diseases or illness not to get drafted.
>>
>>8852020
>children

Sorry, meant to say child.
>>
>>8852020
I think the connection between this decision and his visit to the underworld is a good one.
>>
>>8852020
It still seems pretty underhanded of him to do so. It makes sense though.
>>
>>8852028
>underhanded

Well, of course. He is famous because he was the most cunning and crafty of the Acheans.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.