[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Their Eyes Were Watching God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6175.jpg (120KB, 272x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6175.jpg
120KB, 272x414px
Anyone in /lit/ read this? I'm reading it in english and need your thoughts on it. I can't seem to get so deep into it, the language is hard to understand
>>
>>8851559
It's very good.

Hope this helps
>>
Isn't this book loaded with ebonics?
>>
>>8851622
>published in 1937
>affirmative action
>>
>>8851622
to clarify, it's not that bad, but I'm salty we wasted my high school english classes reading stuff like this, Eli Wiesel's "Night", along with other assorted mediocrities instead of the classics.

The only book I enjoyed from high school English was "Of Mice and Men"
>>
>>8851659
obviously I was referring to affirmative action as why it's placed in high school curricula, instead of Faulkner or Joyce, or any of the greats we passed up on.
>>
>>8851622
Kill yourself
>>
>>8851660
I feel like we went to school together
>>
>>8851660
Really?

All I got from Of Mice and Men was fluff.
>>
>>8851660
The classic fucking "If you don't like these books, you're a racist!" reading lists. Hated that shit. Ellison's Invisible Man was the only one worth a shit and I still didn't dig it at all.
>>
>>8851559
She has an orgasm when she's by the tree and she goes looking for a man who'll make her feel that good.
>>
>>8851559
Just take your time bro, pace yourself.
>>
>>8851559
fuck off 11th grader
>>
>>8851559
Try a short story instead
https://biblioklept.org/2013/01/21/sweat-zora-neale-hurston/

>>8855173
Yes lack of reading is limited now to school children. Look at this shit from an SFFGer ffs >>8851999
>>
>>8855242
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-6ioKKYHY
>>
>>8855251
I am not good at Russian, and he speaks p fast.
>>
>>8851559
garbage
>negro """literature""""
>>
Actually I just wrote a literature review on it last night.

I thought it was beautiful. And the critical material about structure/narrative was cool.
>>
File: zoranealehurston.png (224KB, 271x415px) Image search: [Google]
zoranealehurston.png
224KB, 271x415px
>>8851559
Why are you posting the fake version of the book cover?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.