[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Politics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: pika.jpg (24KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
pika.jpg
24KB, 320x400px
I want to get into politics. What are some good books that are merely informative about the history of politics and all the different (modern) political ideologies and the author DOESN'T insert his own biased worldview in the mix somehow?

Please no /pol/
>>
>>8850070
What you are looking for doesn't exist.
Start with the Greeks.
>>
Where do you live OP?

If you're UK, read Andrew Marr's History of Modern Britain, it will sort you out and give you a base from which to expand.
>>
File: THINK BIG AND KICK ASS.jpg (22KB, 360x400px) Image search: [Google]
THINK BIG AND KICK ASS.jpg
22KB, 360x400px
>>
>>8850070
Political power political decay fukuyama
>>
>>8850070
When you become a libertarian read rothbard. When you're an ancap read early TRS.
>>
Freeden: Ideologies and Political Theory
Was the main book for ideologies etc. during the first course on those matters when I studied political science. From what I remember, the language could be somewhat difficult (or rather, a lot of students complained that it was so - but it has to be said that English wasn't the native language of any of us).
I recall it being fairly good, but obviously we were reading it alongside a lot of the texts it deals with, so I may be thinking it better than it was because I was getting both imputs simultaneously.
>>
File: image.jpg (198KB, 980x1190px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198KB, 980x1190px
>>8850070
Take the redpill. Start with Mein Kampf
>>
>>8850341
Hitler didn't write a word of it.
>>
>>8850070
Don't.

It's a complete waste of time and very difficult to stop following when you start, due to the soap opera style of the news.

Read philosophy instead and realize that politics is meaningless and all participants in it are consumed by ideology.
>>
File: 2.jpg (55KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
55KB, 991x902px
>>8850364
>reading philosophy
>calling anything else meaningless
>>
>>8850070
Start with Cicero, Hobbes, and Machiavelli
>>
>>8850070
If you want two interesting French perspectives on developments in modern politics, for example the turn away from traditional party systems, alleged populism or so-called audience democracy, try

>Pierre Rosanvallon - Counter-Democracy
>Bernard Manin - The Principles of Representative Government

Rosanvallon and Manin also offer very insightful and sharp analyses of the development of modern political systems since ca. 1750, must reads.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.