[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Julius Evola, do you think he is worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: juli.jpg (377KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
juli.jpg
377KB, 1200x1600px
What do you think of Julius Evola, do you think he is worth reading?
>>
>>8848140
His works and René Guénon are must reads. Ride the Tiger is particularly useful.
>>
>>8848189
Also read Ananda Coomaraswamy and Frithjof Schuon.
>>
>>8848189
>>8848207
>>>/pol/
Evola is shit OP.
>>
>>8848216
Care to explain why?
>>
>>8848189

is browsing 4chan and masturbating similar to riding the tiger
>>
>>8848216
He's a better mystic than Watts or whatever mystic you leftie-cucks read.
>>
>>8848230
The distinguished individual reads only the worksafe boards of the chans.
>>
>>8848231
Why would one want to read mysticism, exactly?
>>
>>8848240
Because materialism and capitalism are degrading to the human spirit?
>>
>>8848140
Shit idealist

Next
>>
> [If the] "Mediterranean" component of the Italian man were to be rectified, the best model to follow would be that of the ancient race of Rome— the sober, austere, active style, free from exhibitionism, measured, endowed with a calm awareness of one's dignity. To have the sense of what one is and of one's value independently of any external reference, loving distance as well as actions and expressions reduced to the essential, devoid of any exhibition and cheap showmanship— all these are fundamental elements for the eventual formation of a superior type. And even if the Italian man had in common with the Mediterranean type the above-mentioned "splitting" (as simultaneous actor and spectator), this splitting should be utilized for a careful supervision of one's conduct and expressions. This supervision should prevent every primitive spontaneity; one should carefully study one's own demeanor, not with the purpose of making an "impression" on others, or with great concern for their opinion, but for sake of the style that one intends to display to oneself. The propensity toward outward appearances is easily associated with a personalism that degenerates into individualism. This is another typical negative trait of the Mediterranean soul: the tendency toward a restless, chaotic, and undisciplined individualism. Politically speaking, this is the tendency that, after asserting itself by fomenting struggles and constant quarrels, led the Greek city-states to ruin, although it had previously contributed in a positive manner to their articulated formation. We find this trait in the turbulent times of the early empire; it finally erupted in medieval Italy, degenerating into particularisms, schisms, struggles, factions, and all kinds of rivalries. And although the Italian Renaissance has splendid features, they are nevertheless problematic features that derive from this Mediterranean individualism, which does not tolerate any general and strict law of order; and valuable possibilities dissipated in purely personal positions and in the fireworks of a creativity disjoined from any higher meaning and tradition. Here the author, rather than the work itself, is at center stage.

>Thus, descending even lower, the same "Mediterranean" component is found in the contemporary pseudo-genial type, who is ever critical and always ready to uphold the opposite thesis in order to make a show of himself, being very clever in finding ways to get around an obstacle and in eluding a law. Even lower we find the maliciousness and the shrewdness (i.e., knowing how to "fool" others) that the Mediterranean type regards as synonyms for intelligence and superiority, whereas the "Roman" type would feel in this a degradation, a betrayal of one's dignity. I have discussed this attitude earlier on, when speaking of Manacorda.

>... "Talk little, do much, and be more than you appear to be"; all this points to the "Roman" style.

Men Among The Ruins
>>
>>8848207
This is very good advice.
>>
Interesting author. But if you are looking for a reactionary author he really isn't one
>>8848216
>If I don't like something belongs to /pol/ XDD
>>>>r/eddit
>>
nutjob
>>
>>8848846
at least hes not a blowjobber like ur mum
>>
I haven't read anything other than misc quotes about stuff I didn't find useful or enlightening.

To his discredit also, every anon that brings him up to support their argument is always a massively obnoxious faggot.
>>
>>8848873
isn't being unapologetically antagonistic his whole thing?
>>
>>8848839
He's one of the greatest radical reactionary thinkers. In what sense isn't he reactionary? It's a marxist term and is based on the false myth of progress, something which he most certainly does not subscribe to.
>>
>>8848928
>In what sense isn't he reactionary?
In the sense that he saw everything as an unstopable cycle of things between liberalism and tradition. Also he was way more interested about indian esoterism than christian tradition which obviously puts him outside of european reactionaries
>>
>>8848224
Tradition, mostly.
>>
>>8848839
Please, we all know Evola belongs to the /pol/ crowd.
>>
>>8849106
>In the sense that he saw everything as an unstopable cycle of things between liberalism and tradition.

And this is one of the things he said that is true.

You can also use the words chaos and order instead, and realize that both are necessary for a culture, and if you delve too deep in the one or the other you are essentially lost in ideology.
>>
>>8849144
>You can also use the words chaos and order instead, and realize that both are necessary for a culture, and if you delve too deep in the one or the other you are essentially lost in ideology.
Maybe he was right but putting him in the same bag with Demaistre or Bonald seems pretty dumb to me.
>>8849136
>XD look I saw a meme so I know everything about the author.
Why don't you give it a shot before spaming le pol boogey man?
>>
M A G I C M I S S I L E
A
G
I
C

M
I
S
S
I
L
E
>>
File: 1475950759801.jpg (68KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
1475950759801.jpg
68KB, 720x529px
>>8848839
>>
File: evolamist.jpg (15KB, 239x320px) Image search: [Google]
evolamist.jpg
15KB, 239x320px
>>8848140
A great teacher and initiate.
>>
>>8848230
No, that's choking the chicken. It's quite different.
>>
>>8849188
>XD look I saw a meme so I know everything about the author.
>Why don't you give it a shot before spaming le pol boogey man?
Wew lad, those are some real hot assumptions you're holding there.
>>
>>8849228
kek
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.