[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some essential books on the Pre-socratics? I already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 20060112171428!Presocratic_graph.png (57KB, 2564x1332px) Image search: [Google]
20060112171428!Presocratic_graph.png
57KB, 2564x1332px
What are some essential books on the Pre-socratics? I already have been recommended "The Presocratic Philosophers: A Critical History with a Selection of Texts" but I feel like there is something lacking of reading one source for all of these guys. I understand that most of their work is lost, but I feel like I should get a well rounded view of these guys before moving on.
>>
Penguin's "Early Greek Philosophy"
>>
i feel like these guys are almost totally negligible.
heraclitus has that one quote
>>
File: IMG_2537.jpg (33KB, 448x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2537.jpg
33KB, 448x391px
>>8847869
bad post
>>
The problem is that beyond honest expositions such as Kirk & Raven's what you're likely to find are either boring philological analyses or unfounded overinterpretations serving the biases of their authors (everyone likes to latch on to Presocratics and put words into their mouths since they represent "the origins of pure thought" while beying conveniently ambiguous).
>>
>>8847890
elaborate
>>
>>8847869
horrible, horrible opinion. Socrates was a degenerate, presocratic philosophy is where its at.
>>
>>8847983
im a christian and socrates foresaw the virgin mary in symposium.

also a big fan of augustine and he was a neo-platonist so
>>
>>8847846
Hermann Diels, The Fragments of the Presocratics
>>
>>8847869
bad post

>>8847988
>im a ****** and ....
Don't start a post like this unless you are below the age of 16

Bumping this post. In particular I am infatuated with Zeno's thought process. Does anyone have suggestions dealing with his realm of work?
>>
What do you guys think about the Phoenix Presocratic Series?
>>
https://youtu.be/Ow-_G26lpOk
>>
>>8847983
>socrates was a degenerate
Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of you gargling Nietzsche's dead dick.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.