[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ confessional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

Today I was forced to revise a long held belief that Don Quixote's sidekick was called Pancho Villa.
>>
ive been reading gravitys rainbow for several months and im 20% of the way through it
>>
I began the Aeneid yesterday but I didn't finish it because I was lazy. I still am. I should be reading the thing right now but I'm shitposting.
>>
I like to read fluffy romance stories because they're perfect for escapism
>>
>>8846725
I just started coming to /lit/ because I wanted to get into reading books. Was this a mistake?
>>
I fuckin hate reading
>>
>>8846725
i can't read anything after finishing Don Quixote
>>
>>8846725
heh booby
>>8847014
hahahahahahahahaha no, you'll fit right in with some people who came here three years ago.
>>
>>8847014
Just read the Classic and come here sometimes. It isn't worth to stay a long time in this board. Unironically it makes you waste your time than encourage you to read.
>>
>>8847014
get the starter pack
>>
>>8847014
Yes
>>
>>8846725
I love SchoolofLife
>>
I "read" exclusively through Audiobooks for medical reasons. I enjoy them a lot.
Still feel some shame for some reason.
>>
>>8848086
lmao are you that guy who posted that long diatribe crying about how audiobooks are real books and that you're not cheating because you only listen to audiobooks due to a neck injury or something like that? It seems like the people absolutely blowing you the fuck out on the thread really pounded you into submission
>>
>>8846725
I didn't like One Hundred Years of Solitude
>>
>>8846725
Nabokov is a bad writer
>>
>>8848098
Nope. My neck is fine senpai.
It's not cheating though.
>>
>>8846822
I rred it in two days.
>>
I used to pronounce Quixote as "quicks-oat.
>>
>>8847922
Me to.
>>
File: 1448203244436.jpg (900KB, 3108x3986px) Image search: [Google]
1448203244436.jpg
900KB, 3108x3986px
I regularly read Cosmopolitan articles on snapchat.

They feed my fantasy of all woman secretly being depraved sexual nymphs. One of which will one day allow me to put my cock in her.

I know that the sole purpose of these articles is the perpetuation of our current hyper-real hegemony and that my reading them is purely masturbatory. I don't care.
>>
I'm got a full ride to an mfa and I don't think I like writing.
>>
>>8847014
Coming to 4chan was a mistake, now that you're here you might as well spend it on one of the only redeemable boards. If you're looking for self improvement this board is only going to turn you into a pseud

>>8848106
pleb
>>
>>8848121
So your confession is that you're a dirty philistine?
>>
>>8846725
I think Dostoyevsky is monstrously overrated.
>>
>>8846805
It took me 7 months to read GR which in retrospect makes little sense given I read 1/6 of it in the first 3 days.
>>
>>8846995
>implying 4chan isn't escapism
>>
>>8848805
Romance novels don't call you a pathetic faggot though
>>
>>8848781
Me too friend.
>>
>>8848812
they won't come to your house and fuck you either
>>
>>8848098
>cheating
You know that books aren't video games, right?
>>
>>8848781
Hi Nabokov!
Busy being correct, I see.
>>
>>8848106
It's ok. Garcia Marquez is a hack.
>>
>>8848781
I think that Dostoievski is a terrible writer that somehow managed to write great books.

I may just be reading shitty translations though
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 379x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 379x500px
>>8848672
when my ecuadorian spanish teacher said "don quixote," i thought she was saying "donkey horse-y" the whole time.

wasn't too far off, actually
>>
I made it to 50 pages into the Odyssey and dropped it because I was bored shitless.
Although I finished Ulysses just fine.
>>
>>8848727
>>They feed my fantasy of all woman secretly being depraved sexual nymphs.
they all are in reality too
>>
>>8848106
I appreciated it for the talent and craft required to write it, but I didn't like it.
>>
my only desire/interest to finally look into the four great classical novels is because of Monkey King being added to Dota 2
>>
>>8846725
I sometimes read while walking in the city. Someone on /lit/ said people who do this are scum, so... yeah.
>>
File: feels-guy.jpg (40KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
feels-guy.jpg
40KB, 300x310px
>>8849473
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.