[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ebooks vs Books. Which one is better? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (5KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 240x180px
Ebooks vs Books. Which one is better? Why?
>>
fuck off
>>
>>8846133
Nice.
>>
Both are good. Ebooks for travelling and getting books easier/cheaper(even if you legally buy them) especially if you decide you want to start reading certain book but its night so cant really go buy physical copy at that hour. Also its nice to read in bed since e-readers are light and don't need to fight with the book to keep it open with right angle and still lay in a way you want to.
But then again there is something very enjoyable when reading a physical book and holding it in your hands. I also would much rather get physical book for christmas than an ebook. And some classics are just nice to hold and turn the pages
>>
>>8846115
I love both, but by now I honestly prefer eBooks by a somewhat sizable margin. I prefer them because they're...
a) lightweight and easy to transport
b) there's a PLETHORA of free stuff, and I'm not talking about illegal stuff
c) eBooks are generally cheaper
d) and they're easier to get. Just order a download on Amazon, done.

Though I do love me the feeling of flipping through paper and smelling the smell of a well-used book that I've read cover to cover multiple times.
>>
File: 1422504178587.jpg (60KB, 714x684px) Image search: [Google]
1422504178587.jpg
60KB, 714x684px
My Kindle can't replicate the weight of a physical book or the smell of the pages. Conversely, I feel like an idiot when I instinctively try to touch my finger to a word on a page in an effort to look up the definition.
>>
>>8846450
>Conversely, I feel like an idiot when I instinctively try to touch my finger to a word on a page in an effort to look up the definition.
I know that feel, bro.

It's like trying to CTR+F a word in a textbook or a quote in a novel and realizing that you're not on a computer
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 200x192px
>>8846115

Neither. Just read free pdfs on your laptop or phone and stop paying money for shit you don't need.
>>
>>8846499
Reading on a PC/Phone screen ruins our eyes though.
>>
>>8846499
used to do this. It was fucking awful
>>
>>8846115
Nothing will replace a good book in my hands. Also, everything gets nicely organized into my personal library; can't do that with a stupid ebook.
It's a good feeling sitting back in your chair looking at your bookcase looking, admiring, and thinking on all the books you've read on that case. A damn good feeling.
>>
File: 1446732834985.png (275KB, 1121x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1446732834985.png
275KB, 1121x1304px
>>8846528
>>8846538

You've been brainwashed by "e-ink" merchants. I've been reading this way every day for years and my eyes have never felt "strained."
>>
>>8846450
>weight
The only reason I can get through some books is because I don't have to physically manage the 1100 page tome, fuck the feeling of a book in my hands honestly.

>>8846909
>I play all my games on the ps3 at 24fps, the human eye cannot detect anything faster and it's perfectly playable like this
>>
File: that feel when.jpg (32KB, 495x447px) Image search: [Google]
that feel when.jpg
32KB, 495x447px
>>8846499
I feel bad for your eyes.
>>
>>8846476
>It's like trying to CTR+F a word in a textbook
seriously fuck books for actual work

I can't believe people used to do ANYTHING without computers, it's unbelievable
>>
>>8846909
that is an accurate picture of how I imagine your brain works
>>
>>8846115
Books because of the smell.
>>
>>8848339
>>8848199
>>8848190
>>8846909
>>8846528
>>8846538

someone explain this meme

how is looking at a computer monitor bad for you?
>>
>>8848501
try reading an actual book for once you retard
>>
>>8848513
I'm reading a book right now.

It doesn't feel that different.
>>
After moving house with 1000 physical books, I've started to love ebooks. I'm allergic to the paper in almost anything printed before 1970 now anyway
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.