[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intellectual inferiority complex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

What's the point in living if you can't understand the sciences? How to deal with just not being smart enough to do anything that really matters?

Suggest philosophers who dealt with how to stop worrying and love mediocrity. No stoics pls.
>>
>>8845082
You don't have to be armed to the teeth with equations and proofs to make sense of science or mathematics. William Thurston is the most wonderful proof that maths is just as imaginative as it is rigorously logical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKSrBt2kFD4&t

RIP, what a lovely human being :(
>>
>>8845082
Reassess your ideology you simple child.
>>
>>8845082
Taoists
Possibly solipsists
>>
>>8845082
Admitting you don't know anything. Isn't the definition of philosophy addressing the binary shadow created by the light of the scientific method?

You could argue that all ancient philosophies gain strength analogous to advances in science.

>How to deal with just not being smart enough to do anything that really matters?
I just assume that I'm a complete idiot. I think the problem arises when you let yourself get locked into not doing ANYTHING because you are weighing the actions against the repercussions (moral compass vs logic?).

Believing in science creates more productivity, so I assume that's why it's more valuable in a societal vacuum?
>>
File: sly.gif (660KB, 356x272px) Image search: [Google]
sly.gif
660KB, 356x272px
Read Homer
>>
>>8845082
nice try stemcuck
>>
can you be an intellectual without engaging in the world of academia?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.