[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thus guy wrote an entire novel without using the letter 'e'.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

How can Americans even compete?
>>
I wrote an entire novel without using any words
>>
>>8844075
By not writing half baked gimmick trash lit.
>>
ya but his name has about 4 of them

fuckin fag lol
>>
>>8844075
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>8844075

by writing a novel without the letter é
>>
It's not hard you just try using lots of ings, most words can ing inging in no timing.
>>
>oh wows!! he used no e!!

CRASH fuck me.
>>
>>8844075
by doing the same thing, a few decades earlier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsby_(novel)

retard op
>>
>>8844075

he definitely has the facial hair of a guy who would write an entire novel without using the letter 'e'.
>>
>>8844081
>tfw you Pierre Menarded my best work and people liked yours better
>>
>>8844075
perec is kind of the meme king, his ideas are all interesting in theory if you describe them to other people but awful to read
>>
>>8844075
he also grew a beard despite his obvious lack of testosterone
>>
>>8844137
kek
>>
File: superautist.png (121KB, 323x514px) Image search: [Google]
superautist.png
121KB, 323x514px
>God Tier Letters
L, O, Q

>Great Tier
V, C

>Good Tier
N, T, Y, U, D

>Mediocre
J, X, Z, A, H

>Poor Tier
W, I, K, M, G, S, R

>Garbage Tier
B, P, E, F
>>
>>8844336
>E
>Garbage tier
>Meanwhile Q is fucking god tier
You best be fucking joking you utter sack of shit
>>
>all these people talking about Perèc without even read any if his works.

I know he have a sweet beard but if you read any of his books, you will love him.
>>
>>8844340

slide a piece of paper labeled with a word with that retarded cousin of a phoneme occurring more than once in it to speakers of latin-based languages from different places and you won't find a coherent sound among them
>>
>>8844353
I've read "Things: A Story of the Sixties" but I wasn't impressed. Or not as impressed as someone who recommended it to me was.
>>
>>8844106
>CRASH fuck m.
>>
>>8845329
Just read 'W, or the Memory of Childhood', it's excellent
>>
>>8844075
>Americans
>compete
pretty funny OP
>>
>>8844081
kek
>>
>>8845546
Americans are unable to compete with the Russians and the French. They aren't even in the same tier. Its like comparing an Ivy League school with a community college.
>>
>>8844075
There's 4 like right in his fucking name, stop it already
>>
>books with a dumb gimmick
>>
>>8844075

If his name is Georges Perec then wouldn't it be on the cover? Therefore defeating his own goal of writing a novel without using the word "e".
>>
>>8845648
>I don't know how books work.
>thinks the author writes his own name inside the chapters of the book.
>>
>>8845577
>forgets about John Green, Poe, and Sir Abraham Lincoln
>>
>>8845577
>beckett
>>
>>8845577
>Gustave Flaubert
>Leon Bloy

et Marc Edouard Nabe bien sur.
>>
>>8844075
>not knowing about the oulipo
>not knowing about Harry Matthews
>not knowing about Walter Abish
>>
That's called lipogram and has been done since the greeks, you idiot. It's not a new thing.
>>
I'd say David Bellos who translated it into English could probably compete. Thats got to be at least 9000 times harder.
>>
File: 934_006.jpg (75KB, 1019x699px) Image search: [Google]
934_006.jpg
75KB, 1019x699px
>>8844075
Thanks, I usually rate my books based on number of e's in them. This will only be like no. 5 tho cause this hack still had a bunch of them on the cover.
>>
>>8844075
>European does something kind of gimmicky, but still cool
>Therefore, every European (including OP) is better than every American
Am I missing anything?
>>
Best reply
>>
File: 1446992422242.jpg (131KB, 826x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1446992422242.jpg
131KB, 826x1110px
>>8847649
You forgot to add the mellow crackle of cheeto dust when pressing the enter button, the feeble creaking of an overstrained office chair, followed by a self-contended grunt.
>>
>>8844075
Pretty sure the Chinese have about 2 billion people who writes shit all the time without ever using the letter E.

Not much of an accomplishment.
>>
>>8844358
That's precisely what makes it so beautiful.
>>
>>8848026
You gotta stop with all this projection, bruv.
>>
Speaking of Perec, are any of his books legitimately good?

Is Life worth reading?
>>
>>8844081
nice1
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.