[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently J.K. Rowling has 7 of the top 10 best selling novels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1582.jpg (439KB, 1280x734px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1582.jpg
439KB, 1280x734px
http://www.alittlelessstupid.com/index.php/2016/12/13/best-selling-books-time/
>>
Are you sure? /lit/ told me she was talentless
>>
>>8840188
and McDonald's has the bestselling food in the world
>>
>>8840192
>marketshare equals quality

Do you also consider McDonalds the best restaurant?
>>
>>8840196
I didn't say she's the most talented.
>>
>>8840192
>>8840192
P sure that was DFW
>>
>>8840206
you implied it by linking her sales to a questioning of the claim

>I didn't say something explicitly in a declarative sentence, so I can't be wrong!
>>
>>8840230
No I didn't, I implied you can't be that successful without some talent.
>>
>>8840237
let's work together on this one

how might we change about the post that mocked you so that it still works?

how about:
Do you consider McDonalds a good restaurant?

unless by "has some talent in writing" we mean "is literate," no amount of talent is required to become a bestseller--talent in writing, that is, which is, you know, the thing lit is talking about when it says she's talentless
>>
>>8840261
I bet you unironically think you're a better writer than her.
>>
>>8840188
theres no way that book 7 sold better than book 1, is there?
>>
>>8840264
woo wee, pulling out the rhetorical big guns now, are we?

I do, and I would nonetheless be outraged if I were the best selling novelist of all time, because I'm not a very good writer; and so I have the decency not to write for a living.
>>
>>8840265
my guess is that many people started the series as kids, pre-teens, or teenagers and finished when they were in their late teens or twenties, after they had moved out of their parents houses

thus, one copy per family was just fine for the first books in the series, and less so for the later ones
>>
>>8840188
How many times do we have to go over this?
Commercial success not equal to skill.
She wrote childrens books
>>
>>8840261

'' no amount of talent is required to become a bestseller--talent in writing''

A certain modicum of talent is required. Or maybe it's luck and timing.
>>
File: RTK.jpg (33KB, 382x457px) Image search: [Google]
RTK.jpg
33KB, 382x457px
>>8840188
This is one of the few times I think it appropriate to quote Robert T. Kiyosaki.

"I didn't say I was a best WRITING author. I said I am a best SELLING author."
>>
>>8840188
there are a lot of kids and autismos out there
>>
File: 1126.gif (45KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1126.gif
45KB, 389x259px
Wait, the best selling book of all time sold 5 million copies? That's on the level of Guild Wars 2, that's fucking hilarious
>>
>>8841628
>1 writer + editor and publishing house vs a huge dev team + publisher
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.