[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate him so goddamn much.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: please die.jpg (24KB, 448x293px) Image search: [Google]
please die.jpg
24KB, 448x293px
His smugness. His pseudo-wit. His boring, uninspired "poetry." I hate him and everything he is. I hate Billy Collins. I cannot find the words to express how much I despise this goddamn asshole, and not for the same reasons he can't. I hate his retarded populist drivel and his goddamn superior attitude. Billy Collins is everything a poet should not be: alive at 75, American, and successful.

I used to be an atheist. I used to think that religion was a fable, God a delusion. But then I read Billy fucking Collins, and I realized that God must be hiding somewhere, because the devil did not create himself.

I'm sick of his boring, overblown nonsense. I'm sick of having to pretend that his kitsch, narcotic trash is some kind of profound insight into the human condition. I'm sick of wasting time on Billy goddamn Collins in English classes instead of giving our attention to the myriad poets who actually deserve it. I'm sick of reading poetry that wouldn't even pass for mediocre prose. I'm sick of the idea that Billy Collins can actually be Poet Fucking Laureate of the United Goddamn States. I'm sick of Billy Motherfucking Collins.

When did boring, pretentious garbage become a substitute for good poetry? When did half-assed parodies of good poems and lazy references to other poets replace actual humor and wit? Has God truly abandoned us? Why is Billy goddamn Collins allowed to live?

I'm actually disgusted when I decide to check the Poetry section of a bookstore, only to find an entire fucking shelf devoted to Billy fucking Collins. I hate the fact that a man of such unrefined stuff can manage to make millions of dollars by publishing volume upon volume of the same god-awful, painfully straightforward garbage for decades, all while being taught to students at $200,000/year universities by actual poets who have to bask in his ill-earned glory.

I just - I just absolutely loathe this fucking cretin. I can't wrap my head around the fact that some retarded bullshit artist named Billy can rake in the millions by excreting poetry that somehow manages to enthrall the masses while condescending to them. I hate his attitude, I hate his output, and I hate his unjustifiable success.

There are no more ways I can put this now. I just hate Billy fucking Collins so goddamn much.
>>
>>8839802
you mad, kiddo?
>>
Perhaps you should reconsider your opinion on Collins. After all, he does have quite a few good poems.

Take his "Nostalgia," for instance - I think everyone can relate to this charming bit of satire. One probably couldn't even help himself from laughing at least once while reading it simply because it's so witty, and the imagery is simply spectacular later on in the poem.

Another good poem of his is "Forgetfulness." Here, he muses on how people forget more and more as they age. His inconsistent punctuation and capitalization really adds a visual element to this poem, which highlights a concrete aspect of forgetfulness. Also, his imagery and use of personification really adds life to this poem.

Finally, perhaps take a look at "The Art of Drowning," where he asks himself whether or not life can really flash before our eyes. While the detail alone is great in the first three stanzas, he really hits home with the sudden thrust of the drowning man's reality into the poem. His final stanza especially underscores the totality of death and has strong existentialist overtones.

Of course, free verse isn't everyone's cup of tea, but anyone could admit that he is able to deliver quite a bit of substance in his poetry - even if form is lacklustre.
>>
File: billyshakes.jpg (360KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
billyshakes.jpg
360KB, 768x432px
>>8839802
>some retarded bullshit artist named Billy
It's all just a little bit of hitory repeating
>>
>>8839950
shut up, Billy, OP's really mad. you'd do best to just be quiet now and maybe clean the bathroom.
>>
File: gass14.png (343KB, 940x747px) Image search: [Google]
gass14.png
343KB, 940x747px
His smugness. His pseudo-wit. His boring, uninspired "novels." I hate him and everything he is. I hate William Gass. I cannot find the words to express how much I despise this goddamn asshole, and not for the same reasons he can't. I hate his retarded postmodern drivel and his goddamn superior attitude. William Gass is everything a novelist should not be: alive at 95, American, and fat.

I used to be an atheist. I used to think that religion was a fable, God a delusion. But then I read William fucking Gass, and I realized that God must be hiding somewhere, because the devil did not create himself.

I'm sick of his boring, overwrought nonsense. I'm sick of having to pretend that his depressing, verbose trash is some kind of profound insight into the human condition. I'm sick of wasting time on William goddamn Gass in my diary desu instead of giving our attention to the myriad novelists who actually deserve it. I'm sick of reading books that wouldn't even pass for mediocre prose 100 years ago. I'm sick of the idea that William Gass can actually be America's foremost prose stylist. I'm sick of William motherfucking Gass.

When did boring, pretentious garbage become a substitute for good writing? When did half-assed stream-of-consciousness and holocaust references replace actual depth and substance? Has God truly abandoned us? Why is William goddamn Gass allowed to live?

I'm actually disgusted when I decide to check the 4chan/lit catalog only to find an entire fucking row devoted to William fucking Gass. I hate the fact that a man of such unrefined stuff can manage to make millions of followers by publishing endless postmodern nonsense about his micropenis, all while teaching his nonsense students at $200,000/year universities

I just - I just absolutely loathe this fat fuck. I can't wrap my head around the fact that some retarded bullshit artist named Gass can rake in the millions by excreting one novel every two decades that somehow manages to enthrall one person on 4chan while being condescending to them. I hate his attitude, I hate his output, and I hate his unjustifiable success.

There are no more ways I can put this now. I just hate William fucking Gass so goddamn much.
>>
His smugness. His pseudo-wit. His boring, uninspired "novels." I hate him and everything he is. I hate OP. I cannot find the words to express how much I despise this goddamn asshole, and not for the same reasons he can't. I hate his retarded postmodern drivel and his goddamn superior attitude. OP is everything a shitposter should not be: alive at 95, American, and fat.

I used to be an atheist. I used to think that religion was a fable, God a delusion. But then I read O fucking P, and I realized that God must be hiding somewhere, because the devil did not create himself.

I'm sick of his boring, overwrought nonsense. I'm sick of having to pretend that his depressing, verbose trash is some kind of profound insight into the human condition. I'm sick of wasting time on goddamn OP in my diary desu instead of giving our attention to the myriad novelists who actually deserve it. I'm sick of reading books that wouldn't even pass for mediocre prose 100 years ago. I'm sick of the idea that OP can actually be America's foremost shitpost stylist. I'm sick of motherfucking OP.

When did boring, pretentious garbage become a substitute for good writing? When did half-assed stream-of-consciousness and holocaust references replace actual depth and substance? Has God truly abandoned us? Why is O goddamn P allowed to live?

I'm actually disgusted when I decide to check the 4chan/lit catalog only to find an entire fucking row devoted to fucking OP. I hate the fact that a man of such unrefined stuff can manage to make millions of followers by publishing endless postmodern nonsense about his micropenis, all while teaching his nonsense students at $200,000/year universities

I just - I just absolutely loathe this fat fuck. I can't wrap my head around the fact that some retarded bullshit artist named OP can rake in the millions by excreting one novel every two decades that somehow manages to enthrall one person on 4chan while being condescending to them. I hate his attitude, I hate his output, and I hate his unjustifiable success.

There are no more ways I can put this now. I just hate fucking OP so goddamn much.
>>
File: 1479723521797.jpg (165KB, 1693x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1479723521797.jpg
165KB, 1693x1073px
>>8839802
I had never felt the death of the mind until I read Billy Collins. I cannot risk reading any more of his work, the little I've been exposed to exacted such a monstrous toll.
>>
>>8839950
>Another good poem of his is "Forgetfulness." Here, he muses on how people forget more and more as they age. His inconsistent punctuation and capitalization really adds a visual element to this poem, which highlights a concrete aspect of forgetfulness. Also, his imagery and use of personification really adds life to this poem.
This is so fucking trite I started laughing. Is this a parody or something, man?

>Yes, T.S. Eliot, I understand how people can dislike him, but have you looked at his Wasteland?

>I really like how he mixes standard iambic and trochaic meter with free verse, it represents how high culture was being intruded upon by low culture in that day and how everything was becoming chaotic and jumbled like the poetry he was writing. Also, his imagery and use of personification really adds life to this poem. Perhaps have you considered having a cup of tea? God save the Queen etc
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.