[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: memequads 1.png (608KB, 437x592px) Image search: [Google]
memequads 1.png
608KB, 437x592px
Any euros here that know where to get The Recognitions, without paying huge shipping costs? I'm in Belgium if it helps. I tried bol.com, who had 8 weeks to ship, then prolonged that with 4 weeks, to cancel my order and give me my money back after 12 weeks.
>tfw orderd The Recognitions for 18 euros, waiting 12weeks, then having it canceled.

Amazon.de doesn't have it anymore and i saw a secondhand copy there go for 397euros.

Also: who remembers the memequads?
>>
You can download it from the internet
>>
>>8837126
But i want to read it as a book, not of my screen.
No discussion there.
>>
>>8837125
Use Amazon.com and rev up those creditcards Anon
>>
>>8837149
Get an e-ink device so that you can read digital files as actual pages without a conventional screen.
>>
>>8837125

>European
>Doesn't look for it in obscure bookshops

I hereby declare you an American. You will receive your copy of Infinite Jest, a "George R.R is the best writer to exist" T-shirt, and a complimentary hamburger on your way out.
>>
File: 1471324302616.jpg (57KB, 803x435px)
1471324302616.jpg
57KB, 803x435px
>>8837125
>The Recognitions, without paying huge shipping costs? I'm in Belgium if it helps.
for people not living in france but who want to buy a book from a frenchman, they can ask for the good to be sent via the tariff LIVRES ET BROCHURES (it must be written, on the parcel, by the seller).
https://www.laposte.fr/entreprise/produits-et-services/livres-et-brochures
http://www.feco-france.fr/feco-france/quelques-adresses-utiles/conseil-utile-pour-vos-envois-de-livres-a-letranger
>>
>>8837177
you wouldnt find it there because it had about 4 copies printed ever in europe
>>
>>8837194
Then it doesn't exist. Simple as that.
>>
Any /lit/ germans here, that know how good the Dostoevsky translations of Hermann Röhl are?
>>
I feel like I should read Atlas Shrugged based solely on the fact that I played and enjoyed Bioshock.

Is it worth the read?
>>
>>8837125
Don't fall for the American literature meme, buy some good books from your country instead
>>
>>8837209
ok I guess, but get the Swetlana Geier ones if you can afford them
>>
Check out AbeBooks. There should be a few for around £10 (dunno how much that is in €).
>>
>>8837174
not everyone wants to read on a screen
>>
>>8837125
What's the point in pursuing any kind of artistic endeavour if no one will give a shit?
There's just too much people wanting to stand out.

Blue-pill me on this one /lit/.
>>
>>8837595
There's the fact that barely any of the writers we think of as famous enjoyed the kind of standing in their own day that they enjoy now. Melville died obscure remember
>>
File: flann.jpg (36KB, 320x499px) Image search: [Google]
flann.jpg
36KB, 320x499px
Just bought pic related. Which order should I read them in?
>inb4 chronological
I've heard that At Swim-Two-Birds is his best and I don't want to read the best one first.
>>
File: ir.jpg (224KB, 786x794px) Image search: [Google]
ir.jpg
224KB, 786x794px
>>8837607
You're better off chronological if you have that edition (as do I) but if you want start with Poor Mouth. Dalkey Archive is comfy but a reworking of Policeman
>>
>>8837634
Thanks, guess I'll read them chronologically.
>>
>>8837603
You are forgetting all of those that never made it out from their obscurity, those that we'll never know about.
>>
Is Laurence Sterne more generally viewed as an Irish or English writer?
>>
>>8837125
What writers are similar to Bolaño? I'm running low on Mariachi Pynchon's material.
>>
>>8837581
The cheapest UK one i found was 49euros, which is expensive but meh.. fuck it.

I also found a signed copy. It's only 2750 dollars. Should i do it /lit/ ?
>>
Have you tried bookdepository?
>>
Can I have the "/lit/ recommended short stories" chart?
>>
>>8837790
>>
>>8837634
why the fuck are they so based? what is it with ireland?
>>
>>8837828
Us potatoe niggers got it on lock. Probably our sense of humour and obsession with death senpai
>>
>>8837723
I tried.
All unavailable.
Anyone know any bookstores in London that are sure to have it? I'm taking a trip in January so i might as well pick it up while i'm there.
>>
>>8837945
Our melancholic on the dreary yet beautiful outlook on life. Coupled with the triage of catholicism, gaelic and resentment make for great writers.
>>
>>8837666
English
>>
>>8837125
Can anyone explain how to appreciate an author's "take" on Aesthetic theory/philosophy? At least in relationship to Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (currently reading) and In Search of Lost Time (reading next)?
>>
>>8837715
Damn I got mine delivered to the UK from America via AbeBooks for £9.41 (including postage and packaging) a couple months ago. It came pretty quick too - within a week.
>>
>>8837588
You're reading a screen right now.
>>
>>8837607
The Third Policeman is his best
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.