[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this book or Dumas in general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: count-of-monte-cristo.jpg (67KB, 510x680px) Image search: [Google]
count-of-monte-cristo.jpg
67KB, 510x680px
Thoughts on this book or Dumas in general?
>>
>>8836567
fucking amazing
>>
>>8836567
Really good book honestly. Read it in french and it was delightful.
>>
I really like Dumas, but I'm always amazed at the fact, that he wrote this and the Three Musketeer series as well.

Like, Count of Monte Cristo is this really important book about pain and revenge, and Three Musketeers is basically a story about D'Artagnan fucking bitches and getting into fights.
>>
Wait and hope my nigga
>>
>reading a book by a guy named Dumbass

No thank you
>>
>>8836567
Finished it yesterday, great book. Lots of twist and turns. lots of intrigue.

Spooky that it is based on a true story too.

Don't google that though unless you've already read it, it'll give away a lot of the plot.
>>8837949
>important book about pain and revenge

It teaches kinda the opposite of what you want to teach school children and people in general about revenge though? ;^)
>>
>>8836567
It's one of the few books I'd give a 10/10. It's the literary equivalent of blowing a load in a wet and willing virgin. It's that satisfying.

People complain that Dumas was paid by the word and so he made it overlong and shit but I honestly felt that nothing was poorly executed and that all of the subplots were woven together so deftly and came to such effective climaxes that it all felt like they were all important to the grand design.

There are so many amazing scenes in this book that it'd be impossible to list them all.

>The entire prison sequence
>The Rome sequence
>The trial
>The series of successive climaxes
>When Edmond meets Mercedes again for the first time in Paris at that party
>The Eugenie subplot
>When Edmond has achieved his revenge and meets with Mercedes for the last time in his father's house in Marseilles. I cried ;_;
>The fucking ending jesus christ I wept

Even just typing about makes me want to reread it jesus fuck
>>
>>8836567
I feel inhuman. I was highly engaged for the first half of the book, but bored to death in the second half.

I'm a pleb, I know.
>>
The only chink in the armor is when the narrative switched to Italy for the first time. It was a struggle to get through that but I'm glad I did. It is a hell of a story.
>>
>>8839838
Yeah this was the first "real" novel I ever read, and I had trouble with that, and also with placing the identity of the Count at first.

"hey, this guy sure seems similar to that guy Edmond..."
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.