[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over-rated and over-analyzed trash.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 18fd828fd7a00efa044f5110-jpeg.jpg (22KB, 287x500px) Image search: [Google]
18fd828fd7a00efa044f5110-jpeg.jpg
22KB, 287x500px
Over-rated and over-analyzed trash.
>>
>>8835909
Why is American art so "watered down"? This happens in movies and books. Even the supposed patrician ones are like this.
>>
>>8835927
this is completely false, try to read more
>>
>>8835909
What does overanalyzed even mean you pleb
>>
>>8835945
It means that 'critics' look at every single thing and action depicted by the characters and things in this book to the point where nothing has meaning anymore.
>>
File: 1481405551743.gif (952KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
1481405551743.gif
952KB, 500x271px
>>8835909
Mark Twain was fucking brilliant, you uncultured peasant.

>muh make outrageous claim to b8 people

Don't you have anything better to do with your time?
>>
>>8835968
How could Huck Finn being heavily analyzed by critics change its meaning in any way? That does not make sense.
>>
I don't know if I can say Kafka is overrated or trash, but there is no way in Hell he isn’t overanalyzed. I had a copy of The Metamorphosis that had around two to three times as many pages in critical essays and documents from his life than in the actual story.
>>
File: IMG_1457.jpg (35KB, 401x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1457.jpg
35KB, 401x267px
>>8837722
>>
I believe the same happens to The Great Gatsby, it was the most insipid book I read, but for some reason it is put on a pedestal by many american lurkers.
>>
To Kill A Mockingbird. So overrated. Babies first morality tale. It's basically YA but it gets talked about with the greats because it's the only "classic" that almost every American has read. People with nothing else to compare it to believe it to be the greatest work of literature, because they felt good about themselves for "getting" the message.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.