[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the only poet that is not a boring fuck deep up his own ass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: wblake.jpg (9KB, 286x289px) Image search: [Google]
wblake.jpg
9KB, 286x289px
Is he the only poet that is not a boring fuck deep up his own ass?
>>
one of the few from his era. There are tons of modern poets however that don't delimit themselves by adherence to standards of how poetic diction and structure should work
>>
>>8835107
I'm glad I met someone else who thinks conventional poetry rules are stodgy and archaic
>>
File: John_Keats_by_William_Hilton.jpg (1002KB, 2400x2931px) Image search: [Google]
John_Keats_by_William_Hilton.jpg
1002KB, 2400x2931px
>>8835090
Nah
>>
>>8835149
keats was an homo thou
>>
File: 220px-Whitman_at_about_fifty.jpg (19KB, 220x333px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Whitman_at_about_fifty.jpg
19KB, 220x333px
>>8835163
k pham then what about this one
>>
>>8835133
they aren't as a rule, and many poets have worked well within those grounds. But in general yeah I do appreciate modern english diction, more accessible to me. Maybe if I studied poetry academically instead of just being a casual reader of stuff I like, I'd think differently. I know people who are well-versed in middle-english that consider Chaucer to be the GOAT, but I can't personally get much out of Canterbury Tales
>>
File: RobinsonJeffers_NewBioImage.jpg (29KB, 286x289px) Image search: [Google]
RobinsonJeffers_NewBioImage.jpg
29KB, 286x289px
>>8835090
I like Jeffers, though I can see how he could be boring.
You might also try Kerouac's poetry.
>>
>>8835133
What poets are you specifically referring to?
>>
>>8835107
and then you get shit like slam ""poetry""
>>
File: Mayakovsky_1910.jpg (21KB, 356x521px) Image search: [Google]
Mayakovsky_1910.jpg
21KB, 356x521px
This man is the GOAT of Russian ordinary-language poetry. Also Rimbaud
>>
>>8835187
They all adhere to their own bullshit set of made-up rules on emphasis and subject matter
>>
>>8835188
i bought a book of his and read it once. it was ok.
>>
/lit/ - Pseuds
>>
Borges is a pretty great poet.
His poetry i think gets unjustly overshadow by his short stories and essays.
He was almost never pretentious and always to the point. He chose his words wisely an never wasted one.
I also enjoy Baudelaire and Pessoa a lot
>>
>>8835188

20th century russian poets all had goat looks, like ex convicts, laborers etc.

And then if you go further back they're the only ones to keep jumping in duels and dying at a young age over honor and pussy.
>>
>>8835090

Sappho
>>
File: IMG_5280.jpg (88KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5280.jpg
88KB, 400x297px
>>8835090

And he could paint.

I can't do either.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.