[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to philosophy Currently reading pic related Where do I go after?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (181KB, 304x475px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
181KB, 304x475px
New to philosophy
Currently reading pic related
Where do I go after?
>>
greeks
>>
>>8835061
suicide
>>
>>8835087
This wasn't helpful
>>
I read that. I enjoyed it. Maybe go to existentialism.
>>
>>8835103
Should be a reply to >>8835061
;^)
>>
File: Start_with_the_greeks.jpg (1MB, 3672x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Start_with_the_greeks.jpg
1MB, 3672x3024px
>>8835073
This

>tfw unironically doing this
>>
>>8835186
It's a legitimately good guide.
>>
Read his Problems of Philosophy and the list in the Biographical Note:

http://www.ditext.com/russell/russell.html#bib

If you want physical copies, get the ones published by Hackett.
>>
>>8835192
I am about to start the Iliad once it arrives from Amazon. Seems like a good guide I've already learned a lot.
>>
End your life desu, you ruined your brain and will never be able to understand filosofia now
>>
>>8835207
Noice. Illiad is harder to get through than the Odyssey btw, but still good.
>>
File: dirtybertie.png (150KB, 611x488px) Image search: [Google]
dirtybertie.png
150KB, 611x488px
>>8835061

You should stop reading it and read something else. He shits on philosophers that he didn't read long enough to understand beyond the surface of their work. His comments about Aquinas, ironic as they are, demonstrate as much.
>>
>>8835588

same goes for just about anything from the continental side.

he violently misinterpreted nietzche.
>>
>>8833333
>>
>>8835061
>Russell
Lmao nigga
>>
>>8835624
Just anything. Russell was meant to be an expert on Locke and clearly hadn't read Locke.

What a time to have been alive eh? Getting to be an Oxford Don for being overly analytical about language and a Lord or Baron or whatever the fuck he was.
>>
>>8835061
put it down and purchase an anthology of philosophy instead. In addition purchase: As much Plato as possible, Descartes' meditations, and the Frege Reader. This way you'll have the anthology as a large reference for most philosophical questions, and the three progenitors for each respective era of philosophy (this isn't necessarily wholly true but you catch the drift). The thing about philosophy is that reading it half assed is just a waste of time as you won't understand anything worth half a damn. I suggest purchasing commentaries too but you can wait on that for now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.