[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we rap about the concept of the "Collapse of Langua

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: WTBtower-of-babel2.jpg (257KB, 631x891px) Image search: [Google]
WTBtower-of-babel2.jpg
257KB, 631x891px
Can we rap about the concept of the "Collapse of Language" for a second?
I hear this brought up by intellectuals, and in connection with other concepts but I don't exactly understand what it means. Is anyone very familiar with what people are exactly saying leads to the collapse of language/meaning?

Makeshift Swahili https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoyVH7xA6IE
>>
the second result on Google when I search for this is a NYT article related to Trump and his future presidency so I came to you guys instead
>>
>>8833659
tower of babel was round fuck is this
>>
>>8833659
>can we talk about a This Heat song?
No. Go back to your underage poser music website, faggot.

>>>/mu/
>>
>>8833737
no fuck you
>>
>>8833659

I think old people dust off that chestnut whenever they see some type of slang or informal corruption they don't like.

Like me. Why the fuck are we putting question marks on fucking everything? I think it's really confusing and unnecessary? (<- I wasn't supposed to put one there, that wasn't a question, just fyi)

It's just passive-aggression posturing for millenials, I guess.
>>
bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntro
varrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!
>>
>>8833903
I cum when I read any thunderword out loud

>too hoo HOOR
>>
>>8833659
it's a meaningless concept dont worry about it. if people forget how to talk I'll pay you 75 bucks I promise
>>
Continentals memeing it up again in their ivory cesspool
>>
Are you talking about something like this?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/09/28/th-sound-to-vanish-from-english-language-by-2066-because-of-mult/

Then yes, that's the road we're headed down, especially given the war on language standards waged by the silly and uneducated.
>>
>>8833986
We'll have that in writing to appreciate later.
>>
I was looking into the French-Romanian absurdist playwright Eugene Ionesco lately and a lot of his plays involve some element of this loss of meaning in language. Anybody know what connection absurdity has with the collapse of language? What absurd dichotomy exists that shows that language often has no meaning, or that we are headed towards that sort of collapse?
>>
>>8834035
idiots! make a prediction for a week in advance and I promise you you'll get it at least a little wrong. To say nohting of fucking 50 years
>>
>>8834087
Well I would imagine that if you think that life is absurd & meaningless you'd want that to be reflected everywhere in your work, including in the things people say. Colorless green ideas sleep furiously etc
>>
>>8834035
this is total nonsense
>>
>>8835066
>predictions are never a 100% therefore you're an idiot if you think drinking bleach will end badly
>>
>>8834035
>London has having the most influence over English.

Za fawk eez das peece o' crrrrrrêpes.
>>
>>8835241
the way bleach kills u has been documented by science. there's no science that accurately predicts facets of human culture 50 years into the future
>>
>>8835352
when you be changin da demografiks it changes how mandem talk bruv
>>
TOWER OF BAYBLE
SWAAAAAAAAHILI
>>
>>8833659
It's in reference to the increasing inadequacy of language to describe the world it supposedly represents. It would be futile to determine precisely how this kind of deterioration would come about, but I find it quite useful to think of it in terms of the secularisation of culture. From a religious standpoint, first there was the word - logos - but as rationalism and science took over, the frame of our perspective was shifted into reliance on diagrams, equations and abstract theoretical models which didn't signify linguistic meaning as much as realise in a vacuum the natural laws which govern our world. Where subjective description fails, objective documentation and evidence can show without even saying a word.
>>
>>8835561
Woah, very interesting (sincere post).
I'll be sure to consider this perspective in the future. Sorry, I don't have more to say on it...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.