[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm filled with passion and yearning for everything beautiful.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: melancholy.jpg (69KB, 745x557px) Image search: [Google]
melancholy.jpg
69KB, 745x557px
I'm filled with passion and yearning for everything beautiful. This is why I love literature to a spiritual level. The demands of society are not my own. I observe others passion with melancholy and contempt which breeds self doubt within. Why have I been born into a world where this misaligned reality is my own? I dare not question reality as Whitman said and that leads me to dissatisfaction. I need only perfection in prose.

At 25 I suppose I will pursue education and end a broke bohemian. Have others found comfort when hiding themselves in books?
>>
Such is life OP. Not much to do about it except keep reading and hope for self improvement.
>>
who cares about the demands of society? obviously do what you must to get by, but beyond that all you need is some good music and literature and some meaningful relationships. focus on that shit.
>>
>>8830452
Is it so simple?
>>
Why hide in books, and be content simply beholding beauty? Why not create beauty? You will not cater to the demands of society either way. So consider the being a creator and not just a consumer.
And consider beauty outside of prose as well, even if you can't see it yet; in other arts of course, and in lives (and its tragedy).
>>
>>8830354
autism
>>
>>8830710
i haven't found a better way, anyway
>>
File: 179749.jpg (401KB, 1627x1203px) Image search: [Google]
179749.jpg
401KB, 1627x1203px
>>8830354
No doubt, we live in wicked times. The cultural reservoirs of meaning: religion, community, family, have evaporated leaving many like yourself, isolated, atomized and looking for answers for which you cannot even articulate the question. But there is a way out.

Plato said beauty is merely the splendor of the truth. Beauty pulls us beyond ourselves, towards the transcendent, towards the unbearable, ineffable weight of eternity. Beauty is truth and God is the source of all truth, Who speaks to us through beauty because no other language has the capacity to communicate His sublime being and perfect love.

Seek and you will find. I hope you find peace one way or another anon.
>>
>>8830969
Thank you for this
>>
You're being edgy. Life is life, and life is beautiful.
>>
>>8830354
Read Mishima's body of work and realize that Art is merely a shadow of true beauty.
>>
File: 1451847882552.jpg (489KB, 1280x1722px) Image search: [Google]
1451847882552.jpg
489KB, 1280x1722px
Does anyone else alternate between being depressed at their life circumstances and utterly excited and hopeful about changing those circumstances?

For example, I don't like my job too much, and sometimes I get depressed about that, and then I'll realize that I can do a different job and maybe be happier, and I get excited, and then I start planning to quit and start anew, and then I decide I would be better off staying, and then I'm content, and then I start getting depressed, and then the cycle repeats.
>>
>>8832004
You are being cucked by ideology.
>>
>>8832008
how so?
>>
>>8830452
this is accurate
>>
File: 1480434677021.jpg (48KB, 387x357px) Image search: [Google]
1480434677021.jpg
48KB, 387x357px
>>8831989
sounds interesting desu
where do i start with his work?
>>
>>8832151
Everyone will tell you The Sailor who fell from grace with the sea. I'd encourage you to start with Confessions of a Mask, it's the foundation for all of his later work. Also it's great to follow through how Mishima's aesthetical and philosophical perspective got more and more individuated with everything he's written.
>>
>>8830354
dude shut the fuck up lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.