[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you read when depressed? I haven't read a book in three years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2583.jpg (69KB, 540x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2583.jpg
69KB, 540x416px
Can you read when depressed? I haven't read a book in three years
>>
File: Screenshot_142.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>8827784
>>
It's not easy. I can read like one chapter of something every couple of days.
But yeah the only cure for depression is death despite what most normals say.
It sucks cause i loved reading as a kid and now its just so difficult.
>>
I can read a couple of pages a day.
>>
File: Cat-.jpg (668KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cat-.jpg
668KB, 1920x1080px
>>8827784
>I haven't read a book in three years

*stops grooming self and muses about the variety of experience allowed by life*
>>
No, I can't read when I'm depressed. I wonder how others can
>>
Not more than half a dozen pages a day, it sucks.
>>
>>8827784
I read a ton of Murakami when I was depressed. Probably because it's easy.
>>
Pretty much to agree with >>8827786.

Yes, it's possible to read while depressed, given that 4chan is a magnet for depressed/mentally ill people yet those same people read books.

The only problem with reading while depressed is that it takes (mental) effort. But beyond that, it's probably a better cure and comfort to bad vibes than other forms of entertainment, since it forces you to use your imagination.
>>
Man, I'm a chronically and suicidally depressed loser and I still manage to read books, get pussy, go to school, do co-curriculars, and work a part-time job.

I want to be charitable and say that somehow your worse off than me, but I'm pretty fucked up. Keep trying I guess.
>>
>>8828385
fuck off normie
>>
>>8827784

A defining trait of genuine, clinical depression is that it sucks the gratification out of everything, and so you can't derive the basal enjoyment from doing something that normies are normally able to experience, like feeling accomplished after getting the chore done, or enjoying the cool music for its own sake, etc. So since there's no inner gratification coming (not nearly as much to speak of, at any rate), there is far less motivation to do anything, generally. And so you just stare at a wall or the television maybe, for hours.

I'm suggesting that depression gets in the way of getting /anything/ done, not just reading a book.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.