[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, I'm writing my personal statement to take philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Hm.jpg (10KB, 300x151px) Image search: [Google]
Hm.jpg
10KB, 300x151px
Hey /lit/, I'm writing my personal statement to take philosophy in uni.
I was thinking of writing it almost like story, since my preferred course includes english language.
Would a certain level of infomality be good or bad?
Also some simplicity, I don't want to sound like student #275
>>
>>8820461
I'll suck your dick fyoureply
>>
Take STEM instead, don't be a fag
>>
>>8820593
Gee you sound like a smart guy. I bet you can guess who's not getting their dick sucked
>>
>>8820461
The only way to not sound like student #275 is to write well. Don't fret over the content, and don't go overly pretentious. Just write some solid, error-free prose that flows well and you're better than 90% of people.

I don't have any idea what a personal statement for a university is for the record. Some sort of admissions essay?
>>
>>8820461
what the hell are you talking about?

I'd tell you to rethink this thing entirely, as you don't even seem competent enough to make a coherent post.
>>
>>8820747
>
Well, in other terms, rather than separating my interests for the course and then curricular and extra curricular achievements, have chronological points
>>
>>8820740
Nah, it's like a cover letter, so you gotta sum up why you wanna do the course and why you would be fit for it in like a few paragraphs.
The guide we're given is saying to put your interest for the course at the beginning, then what you'er studying in relation to course and what you do outside your studies relating to the course, but to me that seems too, I dunno, boring. If these are read by the lecturers I think they might appreciate a change in pace that doesn't task them either
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.