[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was he actually a psychopath, or just a poser sperg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: american-psycho-book-cover.jpg (279KB, 744x1138px) Image search: [Google]
american-psycho-book-cover.jpg
279KB, 744x1138px
So was he actually a psychopath, or just a poser sperg?
>>
>>8820106
I don't think there is a definitive answer. There is a lot of evidence that it was all in his head, but my room mate reminded me of the taxi driver scene, which seems to indicate that at least parts of his murder spree were real. /lit/ hates on BEE so much but I love him, especially American Psycho.
>>
>>8820106
It is intentionally ambiguous.
>>
It's alot more satisfying to me if he spend his nights murdering faggots walking their dogs and no one cares because muh shallow 80s consumerism.

If it's just in his head I don't know what you would takeaway from that other than a shamalamadingdong teir twist ending.
>>
>>8820106
I've always read it as him being a homosexual acting out in closeted rage, but only in his head. I don't really think any of the actions happened. Fuck yuppie culture and all that. By the way, what edition is that cover?
>>
>>8820148
>It's alot more satisfying to me if he spend his nights murdering faggots walking their dogs and no one cares because muh shallow 80s consumerism.
this. he spends so much time trying to get noticed that nobody notices he's fucking killing people is hilarious
>>
>>8820241
It's probably the funniest book I've ever read, it's executed so well.
>>
>>8820106
Ambiguous to drive the point home that everyone is too self absorbed nowadays. The book is a satire of professional male behavior in millennial America
>>
>>8820248
BEE's said all the lists don't make sense as well, like he's just name dropping shit to sound au fait but if you put together any of the outfits or rooms as described, it'd be a mess.
>>
>>8820266
I noticed this while reading it, as it progresses the lists just become more and more nonsensical.
>>
>>8820274
I skipped a lot of them because endless brandnames but I still like they're in there. It reminds me of Flann O'Brien mocking the memorisation of bards with his lists of half real half made up shit in Finn's speeches in At Swim. Or even Hyacinth Bucket and her listing the sister as the "one with the jacuzzi, swimming pool, and room for a pony".
>>
>>8820287
>I skipped a lot of them because endless brandnames

That's what you're supposed to do kek

If at any point you actually decide to analyze the list you'll realize how fucking ridiculous it is and burst out laughing
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.