[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think about this books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (20KB, 241x360px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20KB, 241x360px
What does /lit/ think about this books?
>>
>>8820020
>tell me how I feel about this
Kys
>>
>>8820034
Are you mental?
>>
>>8820020

One of my favorites

I believe the consensus of this board is that it's too reddit to be discussed so people pretend not to like it

they're half-right
>>
Boring and repetitive. Worthless, overdone theme. Should've been a third of the length.

I've had people defend this book to me by saying that it's SUPPOSED to be meandering and repetitive because it's about bureaucracy and that augments its theme.
>>
Is it safe to buy this book if I haven't read it and if I prefer 4chan over Reddit?
>>
>>8820151
No
>>
>>8820154
Then how the fuck did it make its way into /lit/ top 100 list?
>>
>>8820020
As one anon said it is pretty long and repetitive. However, I think it works for this book (not for the reason his friends said though).
The story is non-linear and every time you read about a certain scene it gets darker. The story starts out very funny and light but get a progressively darker as it goes on. This may be showing how yossarian tried to cope with the absurdity with humor, which eventually fails.
>>
>>8820130
Hey Norman
>>
File: 1478403106744.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1478403106744.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>>8820020
It's seriously overrated. A sophmoric book featuring 400 pages of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First?" that's topped off with a maudlin, reddit-tier "the pointlessness of war" message
>>
>>8820199
because /lit/ is stupid
>>
>>8820254
I disagree. Where as a lot of 'pointless war' novels come across as self-righteous and pretentious Catch 22 highlighted the the selfishness generated from one's own self interest as being the primary motivation for anti-war sentiment. I also thought it was funny, but that's a much more subjective observation.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.