[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Myopia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: F1.large.jpg (274KB, 1282x1350px) Image search: [Google]
F1.large.jpg
274KB, 1282x1350px
James Joyce, the greatest prose writer in history, and a personal favorite, was near-sighted. Our Founding Father, Benjamin Franklin, was short-sighted, and invented the bifocals in order to help him see. The Roman stoic, Seneca, used a glass bowl of water in order to read books. Aldous Huxley, the writer of the famous Brave New World, was myopic too. I can go on and on.

All great writer and thinkers are myopic. If you don't suffer from myopia; if you have never seen the world through myopic eyes, then you are probably never going to write something that's going to have an impact on the world.
>>
>>8819662
>Our Founding Father, Benjamin Franklin
>our
>>
I look forward to reading 800 replies to this thread.
>>
>>8819662

The Neetch was also very myopic toward the end of his life. It's why his handwriting became illegible to all but one person, who was also a friend.
>>
>>8819662
What a shortsighted perspective.
>>
>>8819676
Still, his myopia allowed him to have eerily prophetic insights that impacted the world.
>>
>Homer
Blind
>Milton
Blind
>Borges
Blind

Catholics BTFO
>>
All of the best writers have had cerebral palsy.
>>
>>8819662
>James Joyce, the greatest prose writer in history

yeah if you're blind
>>
>>8819680
Ayyyyyy
>>
>>8819662
What does it mean if you're longsighted?
>>
>>8819662
>my little farter
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (64KB, 800x424px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
64KB, 800x424px
Nietzsche used a Hansen Writing Ball because he was so blind.

But losing your eyesight sucks. Especially when you're losing it largely due to being forced to sit in front of two monitors all day in a brightly lit office with a a bare fluorescent tube hanging a few feet over your desk.
>>
>>8819662
Hitler had problems with his eyes and needed very intense illumination.

You are onto something.
>>
Replace myopic with stomach problems:proust,nietchze,joyce,hitler,bach,hegel,napoleon etc..
>>
Too lazy to research but I read that short sighted children tend to be more intelligent because they engage in activities in their close range like creative playing or reading early on.
>>
>>8819966
I'm long-sighted (perfect near-sight) and I'm one of the top 5 intelligent people on /lit/
>>
>>8819966
Partly true, the main point of them being myopic is because they spend most of their time indoors, e.g. reading books or playing on the computer. But shortsightedness can be avoided by spending 2 hours per day outside, in natural light, prefferably when its sunny. Near-work is not the cause of myopia, but a lack of natural light.
>>
>>8819972
Wew lad
>>
>tfw not innteligent enogh too be miopic
>>
File: 1479783164242.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479783164242.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>8819662
>when you made the cut
>>
>>8819662
I realize this is off-topic, but

>If you don't suffer from myopia; if you have never seen the world through myopic eyes, then you are probably never going to write something that's going to have an impact on the world.

Can anyone explain to me why or why not this is a proper use of semicolon? Wouldn't the first part be just a fragment?
>>
>>8819972
wow youre that dumb?
>>
>>8820065
The first part is a fragment, so you are correct and it is an improper use of a semi-colon.
>>
>>8819723
lurk more
>>
>>8819662
>tfw almost blind, extremely aesthetic looking, alcoholic, tall, upper class, cigar smoker, white male, introvert, extremely sensitive, Catholic
>tfw still suck at writing
>>
>>8820876
Do you know if that rule has always been static? I see similar uses of the semicolon of that of OP in books all of the time, mostly in older texts.
>>
>>8819662
That makes sense, I didn't get glasses until I was in middle school and then I never wore them until halfway through HS. Before that I was for all it matters autistic, I didn't understand socializing and could never see people's faces or expressions and was very introverted as a result. This probably helps people focus on narrative and details
>>
>>8819662
>All great writer and thinkers are myopic.
>writer

haha op is myopic af
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.