[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

convince me to read for the prose and not for the plot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

convince me to read for the prose and not for the plot
>>
read pynchon and get the appearance of both
>>
Evercince the dwan of Eve.
>>
Don Juan de la Maria Margareta of Middle Eves.
>In the spring when the trees are.
>>
You can only read for the plot once: style rewards endless re-reading.
>>
Dig deep and never be stoned again.
>The phantom of Youth.
>>
>>8819640
>You can only read for the plot once
nigga...
>>
File: 1310408064982.jpg (10KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
1310408064982.jpg
10KB, 441x408px
>>8819640
damn, that's true
>>
>>8819644
I mean for example, after you finish The Catcher in the Rye and find out he rapes his sister, Phoebe, the pleasure you get from the plot is largely diminished on the re-read.
>>
Kronos daddy.
>assholes
>>
Him and his father time are one and the same biological time.
>ibf fit
>>
>>8819648
Stop beating a dead meme
>>
>>8819565
Celine
Auster
Salinger
Houellebecq
>>
>>8819565
Don't read fiction, pseud.
>>
>>8819565

Good prose enhances the plot. Going slow and thinking about style, diction and syntax, will enhance your understanding of the work.
>>
>>8819565
Tfw you hear she didn't read Tolstoy.
>>
>>8819992
Non-fiction is all plot though.
>>
File: 79074ad6.jpg (27KB, 250x168px) Image search: [Google]
79074ad6.jpg
27KB, 250x168px
>>8819794
>Houellebecq

Not reading houellebecq ironically or to fuck lit first years. baka
>>
Prose is the poor man's way of reading literature. If they tell you that's one of the main reasons why they like a book, then you can be assured you're talking to a retard.
>>
>>8819565
Did Britney really read Ulysses or was it just a photo op?
>>
>>8819565
She's literally reading the blank end paper of Ulysses
>>
>>8820768
But then the majority, or at least the loudest in /lit/ are retards!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.