[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep getting overwhelmed with literature.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (6KB, 160x229px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 160x229px
I'm a new /lit/erature enthusiast, and I keep having problems getting into books. My main problem is that I have a pretty big backlog of about 10 books to read, and every time I start reading one, I always keep thinking of all the other books I have to read after, and this distracts me and I get fed up and end up putting it down. Or, I just flat out can't get into it.

Does anyone else have this issue or had this issue? How can I get over this?
>>
give all your books away, except one
>>
the books aren't alive there is no external obligation to read them or think of them while you are reading something else, read what you want to read and realise you're getting spooked, son
>>
>>8817933
like don't think "all the other books I have to read after" you dont have to do anything my man, just read what you want when you want. this is the best advice i can give. there's no reason reading has to feel like an uncomfortable obligation just because of the way you're thinking about it in your brain, not even because of the books themselves just because of the way you're approaching them. dont worry man.
>>
>>8817943
Well the thing is I dumped about $150 buying this shit. I'd feel kinda like it wasted money if I didn't read them.
>>
>>8817925
nigga my physical backlog is dozens upon dozens. my wish list backlog is hundreds. Just accept you are fucked and will never get round to read any of it. Makes it a lot easier to read what you want and enjoy it.
>>
>>8817975
Why the fuck are you buying books?
>>
>>8817925
You need to man up and start an abandoned pile. Everyone has it, so if your compulsions are giving you trouble, rest assured that you can always pick one from there again.
>>
>>8817925
It doesn't sound like you're reading for enjoyment or stimulation but rather some abstract notion of obligation regarding some belief you have that reading is time better spent. This is simply just a bad way to go about things. Immerse yourself in the novel and everything else will disappear
>>
>tfw turned 34 this year.
>tfw not possibly enough time left physically alive to finish your backlog.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.