[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please rec. best English translation for the following books:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Please rec. best English translation for the following books:

Notes from the Underground
Crime and Punishment
The Idiot
The Brothers Karamazov
>>
>not asking for Demons too

Have you read it already?
>>
>>8810712
For The Brothers Karamazov, and this is just my preference, but I recommend the revised version of Constance Garnett's translation. She left out some places where she didn't understand some of the words, but overall her style is very, very nice, and the revision adds back in what she left out. This, I think, is best for a first reading. Save P&V for the second one if you liked it enough to brave how sort of cardboard it can be sometimes
>>
have you looked on myanime-dubs.com
>>
>>8810760
No, I went to just-animedubbed.tv like a true patrician
>>
>>8810726
>Demons
Translation difficulties are already in the name.Demon=l Russian "BES".
>>
>>8810712
I'm reading Oliver Ready's translation of C&P and I like it. I can't compare it to other C&P translations, but I like it more than the P&V translation of Notes.
>>
>>8810778
бec means literally a petty devil, something akin to an imp.
The word for demon in Russian language, what a surprise, is "demon".
>>
>>8811214
Not very pretty.
Bes related with such words like besitsya - to rage, rave about; beshenstvo - madness,rage, furiosity(and hydrophobia at that). So demons doesn't transmit all connotation.
There was idea( I don't rember who actually suggested this) to translate the book's name as
Possessed. I think that idea is not complitly bad.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.