[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overthinking, Overanalyzing, Deconstrctuing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1481056190036.jpg (44KB, 682x384px) Image search: [Google]
1481056190036.jpg
44KB, 682x384px
Sometimes, I'll be driving my car, and I'll wonder to myself, how am I even doing this?

As a matter of fact, what am 'I'? I move my arms to turn the wheel to direct the car how it should go. I press my foot down on the gas with the right pressure to make the car go as fast or slow as it needs to go. This all occurs in real time. My body is doing these things, and it almost seems out of my control. Do I really have any control at all? Do I have any free will at all? And if my doing these things subconsciously means that I don't, then what would be the most basic action I could do? Move my arm from one point to another? Even this involves the muscles contracting in ways I do not consciously will.

Is 'driving a car' just an abstraction of these many little actions which make up driving a car? Is my will just the intention to 'drive' and then my body does it, out of my control? What the fuck is going on here? Should I drive my car into this wall to test whether I have free will at all?

Back to my point. I will often deconstruct and overanalyze things in this manner. Is there any sense in doing so? It leads nowhere, and the thoughts just start to seem insane, yet at the same time, they seem to be valid thoughts and questions. Are our everyday actions just the manifestations of holding an intention in our mind, a visualization of what we want to do, and then our body doing all of the little processes subconsciously? Is there some paradox going on here that I am not grasping? Even as I type on my keyboard, I don't know what the fuck my hands are doing. Jesus Christ, I'm tripping out right now.
>>
>>8810419
assuming this is not ironic I think you should probably finish high school
>>
>>8810419
>Is 'driving a car' just an abstraction of these many little actions which make up driving a car?

Yes. You will find this analogy in a lot of computer programming courses to explain the concept of abstraction.
>>
>>8810419
I still do this anon. My advice would be to start reading and studying more - philosophy, science, whatever. It can provide a structure within which you can analyze things, thereby making it actually somewhat useful. I'd recommend nonfiction instead of fiction for this purpose tho.
>>
This isn't called overthinking, its called being a conscious adult. Unfortunately youre not special nor particularly intelligent.
>>
If you think too hard eventually you'll decide that the only action you can execute in good faith is suicide

and you'll be right
>>
>>8810419
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory-motor_coupling
here ya go little buddy
>>
>>8810432
If I took the internet's advice on maturity, everyone would turn into an unthinking stoic robot at 18 without any free thought or room for emotion.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.