[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I make a thread about The Great Gatsby?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (49KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 600x400px
Can I make a thread about The Great Gatsby?
>>
yes but not without getting bullied

it's a good book but also high school reading
>>
More like The Shit Gatsby amirite
>>
>>8810007
Starting with a Jimmy Neutron image is really an ineffective start.
But, it does holster some realism, as the target audience of this show is identical to the bulk of readers of the Great Gatsby.
>>
>>8810007
if you have remarks about it or invoke some discussion /sticky
>>
>>8810007
what would you like to say I'll listen
>>
Amazing novel desu, but then again I'm not American so don't have to pretend to hate it because people read it at school.
>>
>>8810007
if he was grumpy he'd be The Irate Gatsby
>>
>>8810325
if he was overweight he'd be The Great Fatsby amirite?
>>
>>8810361
if he'd made his fortune in ironworks during the industrial revolution he'd be The Gate Gatsby
>>
>>8810325
>>8810361
>>8810409
UPBOAT XDDDDDD
>>
>>8810413
if he worked on a boat he'd be The Shipmate Gatsby
>>
>>8810032
Haha good one buddy such a sick burn nice
>>
>>8810422
FUCK OFFF
>>
I bought a collection of his entire short fiction a while ago, which would you say are absolute must reads?
>>
>>8810010
>>8810032
>>8810085
>>8810261
>>8810312
>>8810319
>>8810325
>>8810361
>>8810409
>>8810413
>>8810422
>>8810448
>>8810491
>>8810529
>all these people replying to my thread
Great! While I'd like to jump-start a discussion on this book, I'm not really one for the critique of literature. However, I want to know how you feel about Gatsby himself and his unfortunate undoing. Was it justified by any means? Do you like Gatsby as a character?
>>
>>8810491
if he were an angry 4chan poster he'd be The Great Gatsberger
>>
>>8810613
I reckon his fate was deserved. The guy didn't know how to grow up, and he didn't know how to let go. Sure, circumstance made him so unlearned, but circumstance also granted him the wealth that enabled his epicurean lifestyle; its only fitting, really, that circumstance also lead to his undoing. Life happened to Gatsby, and in letting it have its way with him, he accepted the bad with the good.

I also reckon that if he was a hat, he'd be the Great Gatsby.
>>
>>8810633
if he were a baseball player, he'd be The Great Batsby
>>
This is legitimately my fav book but i always get bullied when i wanna talk about it :'(
>>
>>8810742

If he was a seller of cranial fashion accessory, he'd be The Great Hatsby
>>
>>8810747
>not gatsby
You ducking moron, you had one job
>>
>>8810319
We read it in Australian highschools as well. I hated it. The prose was boring and fluffy (I've never liked that old grandiose style). Its look into class was barely eye-opening. I don't like listening to rich people whine, even to make a point I agree with. Each to their own, I guess.
>>
>>8810007
Jimmy Nu-tron irl
>>
>>8810795
>don't like listening to rich people whine
Beats listening to generally-uneducated poor people whine
>>
>>8810795
But the grandiose is 50% of the book's lure. The obnoxious, fulling lifestyle is done really well, especially for some Fitsy.
>>
can you tell why a non-American like me should read it? Isn't it an inside joke of the US literature
>>
>>8810799
alpha as fuck
>>
>>8810491
If he had fucked off that easily he'd be The Not-So-Great Gatsby
>>
You mean that book about Leo DiCaprio movie? I guess it's technically /lit/.
>>
Tender is the Night is the best Fitzgerald novel.
>>
>>8810799
Sometimes I wonder how people reach this point in their life thinking everything went so right that they should take photos detailing their misconduct and post them online.
>>
File: Untitled.png (191KB, 675x449px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
191KB, 675x449px
>>8810809
Shush now. I know you're a poor, "uneducated" prole like the rest of us. Stop trying to be rich like your masters, classcuck.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.