[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to write a sex scene without it being smut?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1408.jpg (15KB, 196x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1408.jpg
15KB, 196x250px
Is there any way to write a sex scene without it being smut?
>>
File: picture12.png (387KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
picture12.png
387KB, 848x480px
>>8808228

curiously aestheticized violence is one way

apparently GdT said he shot this like a sex scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmwJUSxtmGI
>>
use lots of metaphors
>>
>>8808228
Don't mention the positioning and behavior of genitalia. Take a macro approach to it and focus more on setting and characterization via allusions to Dionysus.
>>
Just describe it so poorly it becomes an embarrassment rather than enticing. See Murakami if you want samples.

>>8808237
Are you a 14 year old boy? I have no idea why anyone would post this.
>>
>>8808228
As soon as you realize sex shoudln't be taboo, you can write it as any other scene, judging what level of detail is necessary for what you want to convey.
>>
>>8808298
But it sounds cringe when I'm thinking about it
>>
>>8808228
Complete the scene within one succinct sentence.
>>
>>8808307
But it's supposed to be the climax, where the whole story was headed towards
>>
>>8808292
i'm like a 14 yr old for rinko kikuchi it's true. not my point tho

just that a sex scene doesn't have to be explicit, only implied. doesn't get much more antismut than that

i know it's not an actual sex scene
>>
>>8808301
I think usually with sex, the power dynamics and the delicacy or roughness are what's most important; that doesn't require the detailed depiction of genitalia. Nonetheless, you need to ask yourself why genitalia is considered vulgar.
>>
>>8808257
this is what Nabokov does. It kind of works but can sound weird.
>>
just omit the cum shot
>>
>>8808228
Refer to the penis as a sceptor. Refer to the vagina as a blossom. Refer to the anus as a rosebud. There you go. Write the most degenerate filth you can possibly muster.
>>
>>8808228
Read '120 days of Sodom' and see how the sex scenes are written. Enjoy.
>>
>>8808317
Point stands.
>>
>>8808292
>See Murakami if you want samples.
where? you got my attention, but I sure as shit ain't reading that hack from cover to cover
>>
>>8808542
norwegian wood
>>
>>8808228
Written language is an oxymyron to begin with.
>>
>>8808228
Read the library scene from Atonement by Ian McEwan. Its good.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.