[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stopping a book before finishing it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cosby.jpg (72KB, 736x636px) Image search: [Google]
cosby.jpg
72KB, 736x636px
I am reading "The 10 days that shook the world" by John Reed but I am getting really burnt out on it. It is very drawn out and bias toward the bolsheviki, and this is coming from a leftist. I am pretty burnt out on political books and want to read some philosophy. Would it be wrong of me to give up on this book more than halfway through?

pic unrelated
>>
>>8804356

Why the fuck do you need our permission to stop reading what you don't want to read?
>>
>>8804356
it's your life op, but I keep a habit of finising every book I start. If I stop then the spell is broken and I will start picking up all kinds of shit I never intend to finish.
>>
>>8804356
>>8804386
>>8804422
Well, he is a leftist, so he has the natural desire to amass himself as overly reliant on entities that aren't himself. As he does not have a state to tell him what to read, he defaulted upon you guys.
>>
>>8804356
Frankly, i started reading much more (and with greater pleasure), when i realized i can put away book i dont like.

Do it, faggot.
>>
>>8804386
this

>>8804356
I stopped reading the Journey of CĂ©line after 50 pages because it seemed absolute horseshit to me
>>
I stopped reading lolita because I found no reason to become invested in the novel and flowery language is no excuse for an entire book
fuck I hate that faggot nabokov
>>
>>8806746
>>8806756
ITT: Plebs.
>>
>>8804356
Life is too short to read bad books, I went through the same thing you did, trying to force yourself will put you off reading altogether.

Just like with soil you can deplete yourself so make sure to either give yourself fallow time (ie where you dont read) or rotate in books you genuinely enjoy/don't require heavy thought.

For instance my cycle is Hard Philosophy/Theology -History-pulp romance-Hard Philosophy/Theology
>>
>>8804356
Fuck off bourgie scum
>>
>>8806759
no my stupid dude, I'm not a pleb and I fucking read what the fuck I want without submitting myself to memes as you probably do because you're a foolish cunt
>>
>>8804356
>It is very drawn out and bias toward the bolsheviki, and this is coming from a leftist.
>implying lefties have to be commies
Kys.
t. leftie nazi
>>
>>8804356
what the fuck kind of question is that? Do what you want and who cares what they say on a turkish buttfucking forum.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.