[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, did you know of the existence of this beautiful novel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Hey /lit/, did you know of the existence of this beautiful novel?
>>
>>8802882
No, would you recommend it? Why?
>>
>>8802884
No. That's why he says beautiful novel.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
>>8802882
He was a Nazi so that's good enough for me. A hero
>>
>>8802884
>>8802886
>>8802889
It's the story of the first flight on the Atlantic ocean, narrated in the form of a diary. I'm not sure about the whole book because I've only read some pages but it seems to be dark and contemplative, and the same time technical-encyclopedic, with digressions about the aeroplane and meteorology. Something between Saint-Exupéry and Melville. I'm in love with it, so far.
>>
WHAT HAPPEND TO BABY
>>
>>8802882
Yes, because there's a film version directed by Billy Wilder. I haven't seen it, but I liked some his other films so maybe I will.
>>
>>8802889
>literal spy for the allies
>denounced the german state discrimination programs
>still a nazi because he didn't think america should get involved

Was he probably anti-semitic to some degree? Yeah, probably, but it wasn't like he was Fritz fucking Kuhn
>>
>>8803051
He was smeared as a Nazi because he was against the war.

The entire America First Committee is generally painted with the same brush.

Just like people today who smear antiwar folks as Assadists or Russian agents. It's a common phenomena.
>>
>>8803383
Same thing also happened to Jeanette Rankin, the first female member of congress, funnily enough. She ended her political career by voting against war with Japan and abstaining from voting to go to war with Germany and Italy. She did the same in 1917 against getting involved in WWI.
>>
>>8802917
It seems like he wrote three books about the solo flight over the Atlantic. This one being the latest.

Will try to look for one of those, it's a intresseting topic.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.